Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were so many people (I counted 7500), it was like an Ed Sheeran concert. the start was really dodge. Riderless bikes, people appearing and disappearing- but it stabilized after a few minutes, and I settled into a nice ride sometimes tt-ing, mostly going from small bunch to small bunch. Lots of fun.

Anyway, with 5km to go, I beamed in the knowledge that I was gonna come in in the 2540’s, and then this group of about 5 or so malicious little bastards zipped past me, and I was relegated to 2556. Well, I clawed my way back to 2545 just before the line, and then blow me down the Zwift gods had me finish in the 2200’s, but I dunno why - maybe there were DNF’s ahead of me. Anyway, I was so chuffed at bettering my Argus PR by about 20 000 places. But, I was denied my constitutional right to bask in the glory of being a self anointed shlump-Zwift-god, by my nephew who whatsapped me demanding immediate return of his hedge trimmer.

Nope - don't have either of those

Then phone app it is, needs around 400mb free space. then cast to your TV if possible.

Well that escalated quickly.

Full gas from the gun.

I had some connection issues - first I ended up not being pulled into the event, then on my second try I ended up "in the event".... in the New York world.

Third try lucky at least, missed about 5km. But that is ok - silly virtual checkbox ticked, now for Stage 2 next week.

Great result!!!

I should have done your darn race, my time was 39:55 with avg 4.3w/kg and I had a sprint finish from 180th :cursing:

I just don't have time for the busier races so had to make for home yesterday to do 3pm... the rest is either when I am already at work or when my boy is getting bath and put to bed etc.

Besides in the greater scheme of things your time counts probably more for an overall result which means you have 27s on me already. :thumbup:

I was making supper so couldn't make the 6pm race, but was geared up and started the 7pm one for about five minutes before my PC blue screened.  FML.  I was so frustrated that I went for a run and got back five minutes before the 8pm event which I didn't know about.  Decided to just ride it anyway even though I was now tired out.

Started well and was in the top 20 until the first hill, then my legs said no.  Settled into it after that and finished in 53rd place out of 987 riders.

I failed badly, flip. 

How do you check results? 

On the screen just as you finish, or in the companion app when you view your activity.

Stage 2 Kicking off at 12pm today.

Volcano laps, 8 of them if I am not mistaken.

It think it will probably be twice as fast as the first stage, as this one is flat.

Doing mine tomorrow, need to taper after this week-end's shenanigans...