Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

Stage 2 report.

Fuel source: carbo loaded on a quarter box of Astro’s my daughter left lying around in the kitchen. Ffs

Equipment: Wahoo Kikr Snap, Trek Tct5000 dekked out with sat Conti GP 4000’s that just came off my road bike.

Ride description: I got handed my ass 1084 times. By rights my self esteem should be at an all time low, but its soaring.

At first i was disconcerted st being past at ludicrous speeds. Then i realised i was just being lapped by the elites, and felt good again.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your reports Harry!

I'm getting slightly excited for tonight's ride...I know I shouldn't, because I have delta dash 6 hour on Saturday, and probably should be leaving some in the legs for then, but that is what Wednesday Thursday Friday is for..

Love your reports Harry!

I'm getting slightly excited for tonight's ride...I know I shouldn't, because I have delta dash 6 hour on Saturday, and probably should be leaving some in the legs for then, but that is what Wednesday Thursday Friday is for..

18:00 tonight?

Did Stage 2 last night....It's not actually an easy course to race - As a heavy rider I found that I was always dropped off the little climb and then chasing (decided after 2 laps that this was the right spot to use my powerup to get back into the group), and then always rolling to the front on the downhill....

Again landed out trying to stick with a bunch too fast for me, and then ended up doing a lap or 2 in no-mans land between 2 groups, then fell off the next group as well. so probably finished about 30-60s further back than I could have.

But it's pretty good fun - a bit more fitness and some race experience would make this alot more fun too. (both stages finished on 2.9W/kg so far which puts me at about 25% of the field size [170th/650ish and 250th/1100ish])

Yeah, uhh that was insane.

Kinda tried to pace myself, ended up riding through a group or 3, settled nicely in a group for the second half. Ended up working very hard on each lap, and had a couple of guys that I could stick with.

Aim was to finish above 350 (about 700 odd starters, eventually 800 odd with late joiners)

Finished 296 of which I am very chuffed! Had to really dig deep the last 300m.

Now, recover recover recover for my event on Saturday...

Did stage 2 on Tuesday night, as with stage 1 the start was a bit frantic but eventually bunches formed and it seemed to calm down a bit. I found it difficult to work with the bunch as most riders were surging throughout the ride. The lap format was great, easier to work out how to pace yourself. This is really great training, fun too. 

Edited by ians

Zwift racing is nie vir sissies nie :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

It is always super hard and then you have lots of guys that cheat... I don't get why you even would want to and what there is to gain from cheating to win a race - how can that even be remotely satisfying.

Zwift racing is nie vir sissies nie :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

It is always super hard and then you have lots of guys that cheat... I don't get why you even would want to and what there is to gain from cheating to win a race - how can that even be remotely satisfying.

ja, the mind boggles... then there are the dopers