Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

also doing it at the moment (week2) I hate those warmups, riding 15 min and 135w is a waste of time

Maybe your FTP is set too low? They make me go around at around 180 Watts in warm ups. The warm ups and cool down helps A LOT with recovery. I never paid any attention to it, but since doing them in the structured workouts I'm actually amazed in how good and rested I feel the next day.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stage 7 is tough... I suffered to 53odd min up the climb - 5min off my best @ 48odd. Really need to get my A into Gear and start proper training again.

Looks like it will be stage 7 on Saturday for me.

Will try some Z2 this week leading up to it, to see how I cope.

I wasn't well last week and one of my rides was at zone 0.2.  (doing 365 challenge so have to do something) My heart rate was literally highest while putting my shoes on!  Average BPM for the ride was 82.

Take it easy and let your body recover.

Maybe your FTP is set too low? They make me go around at around 180 Watts in warm ups. The warm ups and cool down helps A LOT with recovery. I never paid any attention to it, but since doing them in the structured workouts I'm actually amazed in how good and rested I feel the next day.

Ftp is spot on.

Tested about a month ago and it went up

#fynbrag

Sat @ 06:00?

Jon's Mix should be loads of fun after doing the alpe earlier on the same day :D

Jon's mix is a surprisingly tough workout. Interesting to hear that it was a workout developed for feature testing more than actual workout.

Might consider rather doing Stage 7 tomorrow 07:00. Didn't realize Jon's mix was going to be a tough stage.

Tonight 19:00 Stage 1

Friday 07:00 Stage 7

Saturday 05:00 Stage 3 and 08:00 Stage 2

Then Sunday is still left open for 3 hours outside sweet spot training

Think I saw you..een van die vinnige manne! I finished somewhere in the 40s, legs were feeling a bit heavy right after Jon's Mix. I just did Stage 3, Stage 7 and Stage 2 back-to-back this morning to complete the tour. Took one break off the bike for a quick coffee between Stage 7 and Stage 2. Solid Saturday morning workout me thinks..timing worked out pretty well in the end

c29fd795f42e3632144491c681762146.jpg

Missed stage 7 completely. 

Went to cape town for an impromptu visit with some mates in the winelands.

Saw the last opportunity for stage 7 was this morning. Anyhoo. Not too bummed about it. still only is a virtual paint job for a virtual bike... Had a blast doing the other stages, and getting motivated with this thread. 

Congrats to all who did 7 stages.

Missed stage 7 completely.

Went to cape town for an impromptu visit with some mates in the winelands.

Saw the last opportunity for stage 7 was this morning. Anyhoo. Not too bummed about it. still only is a virtual paint job for a virtual bike... Had a blast doing the other stages, and getting motivated with this thread.

Congrats to all who did 7 stages.

Me too. I put my back out [emoji2959] and the physio ordered a break from the bike, so no way could i do the 2 hour journey up the climb. I was quite bummed out about it, but in truth i ain’t gonna ride the paint job anyway. I have the tron, and it took me like about since 1982 to get it. (I was riding the MsDos ver of Zwift back then).