Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

I did stage one on my wheel on trainer and it was all good. Last night for stage 2 I used my new wheel off and it was terrible, I am still sore even today. For races and Tours I will use my old trainer because its easier to hit the numbers I am used to. The new trainer will be for structured training.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did stage one on my wheel on trainer and it was all good. Last night for stage 2 I used my new wheel off and it was terrible, I am still sore even today. For races and Tours I will use my old trainer because its easier to hit the numbers I am used to. The new trainer will be for structured training.

Learn to love the pain.  It'll make you stronger.

Plus, using the 'easier' wheel on trainer could be seen as cheating

No it cannot be seen as cheating because there are many people on zwift using the wheel on trainers. Also in real life I use a steel bike with heavy wheels for training but I race on a carbon bike with carbon wheels. I have lost 200w on my zwift sprint,no I cant.

Unfortunately or fortunately there is no rules about the type of smart trainer you may use.

I think as soon as Zwift starts making those rules in the races they will lose a LOT of clientele as most do not have direct drive trainers.

besides - the 2 wheel on trainers I have tested where 10-20w over on an array of power meters I tested personally and not during higher intensity efforts as there the power meters where over by about the same.

Cheating on Zwift is like procrastination, which, like jerking off is great while you are doing it. But in the end you just end up farking yourself.

I'm going to do the 7am event tomorrow morning.  Sounds like it's a good one.

Finished this one earlier.  Felt pretty useless right from the start and lost the leading bunch after two laps.  Rode around by myself for three laps before being caught by the next bunch and rolled with them until the end.  I was ready to pounce in the last sprint but on the hill just before that while standing my bike popped out of the dropouts on the trainer on the one side, so couldn't stand after that for max power.  Oh well.  Finished in 26th position and Zwift bumped up my FTP by 13w :clap:

Did mine 7am this morning too. HR through the roof, only managed 75th. These starts murder me, though I don't think I could have gone much better anyway.

Just finished the 10am event, managed to bag 6th but think my Snap is playing up as my avg was about 20w over FTP so I recon it was over reading slightly. There were also a few spikes of +1000w which I defiantly wasn't doing :unsure:

Stage 3: Group workout.

probably 6pm tonight. may move out to 7pm depending on my to-do list...

Same.  I've booked into the 6pm but it'll most likely end up being the 7pm.

I'm really glad, although it still looks like it'll be hard work. 

I'm terrible with these races - for each one I've told myself beforehand that I'm just going spin around easily and not push it; all I need is to finish it, not win it.  Then I get my inner competitiveness sparked up and start spinning at 450w in the warmup getting ready to launch :ph34r: