Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh great. I'll be doing one this afternoon then.

Perhaps I'll join you. I'm feeling a bit under the weather but seeing it's not that hard it's probably better to join you for the Everest than those intervals on the IDT. I'll bring some soya hot dogs. 

Why not do the first double Everest in SA then?

Has that not been done in SA yet? Know a couple of local HRS members who could get very excited about that

PS did see that some fruitbat did a tripple :eek:  :eek:

Has that not been done in SA yet? Know a couple of local HRS members who could get very excited about that

PS did see that some fruitbat did a tripple :eek: :eek:

I dunno. But that one done by Martin Dreyer using Sani pass in a snow and sleet storm is about as close to badass as you can get. No social media no fanfare... He just did it

I dunno. But that one done by Martin Dreyer using Sani pass in a snow and sleet storm is about as close to badass as you can get. No social media no fanfare... He just did it

Ja, but that was easy. He only had to do Sani 10 times on a MTB. Not worthy of doing if you are an all or nothing kind of guy.

Hell, it was so easy even his missus could do it.

Sarcasm font off.

I dunno. But that one done by Martin Dreyer using Sani pass in a snow and sleet storm is about as close to badass as you can get. No social media no fanfare... He just did itwas 

it was actually aired on SABC morning show. His wife did it with him and Kevin Benkenstein also did it with them but he did not complete it

Guys I dunno about this whole cycling malarkey. I'm what you would call an old-fashioned all or nothing kinda guy and if I'm not gonna win the Tour any time soon, I'm not sure there is much point in me sticking with this sport.

Think I'm gonna commit myself to the couch.

it was actually aired on SABC morning show. His wife did it with him and Kevin Benkenstein also did it with them but he did not complete it

Jeanie (his wife) is probably one of the most hardcore endurance cyclists (and athletes) in SA. Not female.. overall.

Her Munga and Freedom challenge record will show you, she won Expedition Africa AR on her 1st race back after years out in 2016.. I am really looking forward to seeing if their genetics made superhuman kids or not!

Yup..I think they both pulled out when it started snowing. They both and Martin could do an everest with their eyes closed... But being who they are.. They chose the most badass Everest possible