Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

Here is another interesting one, when a bee is used commercially to pollinate a crop, is that crop yield still vegan?

No...ive asked lol. thats why Avo's are contentious business at the moment.

Edited by morneS555

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another interesting one, when a bee is used commercially to pollinate a crop, is that crop yield still vegan?

Its all fun and games until someone dies from hunger. Atleast give them the bees.

I've been following this thread and I'm really so perplexed by the behaviour here. 

Here we have a Saffer cyclist attempting a world record on home soil and instead folks on a Saffer cycling forum rallying behind him in either success or failure, the collective decision is made to launch puerile ad hominen attacks at the cyclist and then go off on an anti-vegan tangent. 

Are you okes so triggered by the fact that he's wearing a vegan jersey and advertises his lifestyle? If he were wearing a CANSA or SPCA jersey nary a word would've been said. 

I've watched his video and the way he presents himself and it's not endearing, but ask yourself, is it worthy of these insults? Many, many people advertise and hype up such attempts at records and then fail. David Goggins made two public attempts at the world pull-up record, failing both times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember this guy posting "I'm going to smash a world record to show you corpse munching ***** I'm superior as a vegan". If he did, then he's an arsehole, but if he didn't then the areshole's not him. 

Ultimately, the **** posted here says more about the you all than this cyclist.

You I classify as A vegan

The Above mentioned twat I classify as A veganazi cause its seems like his main goal is to tell meat eaters what terrible human beings they are and I'll go out of my way to piss those people off

Same applies to feminists VS. Feminazis

Respect the proper one and screw the other

Being a vegan isn't an achievement. It's not a charity either like the SPCA that you used as an example. It's simply a dietary choice. It doesn't make you special. So proclaiming it on a yellow shirt in 6 inch letters makes you a massive twat IMO.

BTW i was a veggie for many years and not once did I feel the need to write it on a shirt.

...but you have mentioned it at least twice on this thread  :ph34r:

And this "everesting world champion" is a tjop. Who cares if he's from SA - he didn't even bother to give it a real go. After his build up to it he could have at least tried and failed - at least people would respect him then. Realistically no-one expected him to succeed, but we would have supported a solid attempt.

Edited by Edge_Design

Large scale meat production is environmentally unsustainable so it's probably not a bad thing that there are people out there that are actively telling people to eat more plants and less meat. It's not just a "my body my choice" problem, it's a global issue. But unfortunately this guy will probably have the opposite impact. It's all a bit arrogant, potty-mouthed and self-righteous.

And to pre-empt any chirps from people rolling their eyes reading this - I'm not a vegan. 

100%. But as you say, find a differing way of telling the message...

Large scale meat production is environmentally unsustainable so it's probably not a bad thing that there are people out there that are actively telling people to eat more plants and less meat. It's not just a "my body my choice" problem, it's a global issue. 

Eating meat is not the problem, global population is. Nothing is environmentally sustainable against the onslaught of exponential human population growth!

Eating meat is not the problem, global population is. Nothing is environmentally sustainable against the onslaught of exponential human population growth!

YES!

I'm not here for the Vegan bashing. 

I'm here because captain braggy McBragpants told everyone he was going to do something, even answered questions on the 'science' behind his decisions, fuelled the fire with his Socials.....

And then.......

Yeah nah, I'm not even going to try. Sorry. There's just no f*****g way.

So a never ran... But please read my blog, shower me with binery love and support blah blah blah

I couldn't care if he only ate asparagus and beetroot and has the raddest smelling pink wee in the world, IMHO he went about this all wrong and unVeganly has egg on his face.

This could have been avoided by attempting first and then releasing an enthralling home made documentary of his attempt/success.

I could have gotten behind that. 

I agree. Population is definitely the biggest problem. But for the same surface area, plants can feed more people and it's far less destructive than, say, commercial beef. I would love to see fewer people on earth but I don't plan to significantly reducing the numbers myself. So I'm trying to control/fix the things I can. I eat meat (heck we have the evolutionary tools to do so), but probably only once a week on average and even then it's from (expensive) ethically sourced suppliers. 

By you logic above, there's no point in recycling either because it's not sustainable in the face of a population explosion. It doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. 

...but you have mentioned it at least twice on this thread  :ph34r:

LOL. Indeed. Said from my high horse and the appropriate moral high ground of course. Which is approximately half way between prius owners and vegans.

By you logic above, there's no point in recycling either because it's not sustainable in the face of a population explosion. It doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. 

there are 8.5 billion people on the planet. a little internetting tells me it can sustain 11ish billion. What happens when we hit 12?

I think it's fair to say that at this point recycling, plant based diets, commuting by bike, solar geysers etc etc etc are merely delaying the inevitable.

But fear not. The planet will be fine. We won't tho. The old girl is going to shake us like a bad cold.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

I think it's fair to say that at this point recycling, plant based diets, commuting by bike, solar geysers etc etc etc are merely delaying the inevitable.

But fear not. The planet will be fine. We won't tho. The old girl is going to shake us like a bad cold.

So I'm not the only george carlin fan then.  

the hub is alive with sound of tjooning!

I'm here because captain braggy McBragpants told everyone he was going to do something, even answered questions on the 'science' behind his decisions, fuelled the fire with his Socials.....

AIMHO he went about this all wrong and unVeganly has egg on his face.

ha ha ha, classic.

Edited by juan pelota

I think the whole thing about blaming the hill is a bit meh.

He really thinks that the only place to do it is the current record hill, just a bit convenient that it's half a world away. What's excellent about that one is that it's 1.3km long and 13%

so i found this one on strava in pretoria

https://www.strava.com/segments/8044962

he has the current KOM, it's 1.2km @12%

I even put it into the everesting calculator and posted it on his youtube video as a comment.

http://bit.ly/2ImNg53

am waiting for him to reply, but am starting to think

"that's not going to f#$%^#ing happen"

I've been following this thread and I'm really so perplexed by the behaviour here. 

Here we have a Saffer cyclist attempting a world record on home soil and instead folks on a Saffer cycling forum rallying behind him in either success or failure, the collective decision is made to launch puerile ad hominen attacks at the cyclist and then go off on an anti-vegan tangent. 

Are you okes so triggered by the fact that he's wearing a vegan jersey and advertises his lifestyle? If he were wearing a CANSA or SPCA jersey nary a word would've been said. 

I've watched his video and the way he presents himself and it's not endearing, but ask yourself, is it worthy of these insults? Many, many people advertise and hype up such attempts at records and then fail. David Goggins made two public attempts at the world pull-up record, failing both times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember this guy posting "I'm going to smash a world record to show you corpse munching ***** I'm superior as a vegan". If he did, then he's an arsehole, but if he didn't then the areshole's not him. 

Ultimately, the **** posted here says more about the you all than this cyclist. 

Am with Odison on this.

Sure the guy behaves a bit like a twit on a blog but I am willing to write it down to youthful exuberance.

Like the fact that a SAFFA is taking up a challenge like this and hop he gives it a go at some time.

It wasn't thought through properly and even a corpse muncher would have failed on that specific hill (IMHO). Disagree with the vegan that a record attempt can only be done in Oz as we have plenty of longer sheepish hill just not in GT. Maybe some Capies / KZN-ers can point him in the right direction?