Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm busy designing new kit. I reckon I'm going to put the word "Omnivore" somewhere discreet for sh1ts and giggles.

or "animals taste good" :whistling:

i have a good vegan friend who owns a cafe in town and I eat there often because he makes nice food.

I have a laugh at his expense quite often when i'm in there. (or just to annoy or leather-shame some nazis) but it is all in good fun and most people get it and aren't too emotional about it.

Bought him some "animal" eating plants (fly traps) the other day to throw a spanner in the vegan works so to speak lol. It's quite the conundrum to some of them haha

I've been following this thread and I'm really so perplexed by the behaviour here. 

Here we have a Saffer cyclist attempting a world record on home soil and instead folks on a Saffer cycling forum rallying behind him in either success or failure, the collective decision is made to launch puerile ad hominen attacks at the cyclist and then go off on an anti-vegan tangent. 

Are you okes so triggered by the fact that he's wearing a vegan jersey and advertises his lifestyle? If he were wearing a CANSA or SPCA jersey nary a word would've been said. 

I've watched his video and the way he presents himself and it's not endearing, but ask yourself, is it worthy of these insults? Many, many people advertise and hype up such attempts at records and then fail. David Goggins made two public attempts at the world pull-up record, failing both times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember this guy posting "I'm going to smash a world record to show you corpse munching ***** I'm superior as a vegan". If he did, then he's an arsehole, but if he didn't then the areshole's not him. 

Ultimately, the **** posted here says more about the you all than this cyclist. 

snip

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember this guy posting "I'm going to smash a world record to show you corpse munching ***** I'm superior as a vegan". If he did, then he's an arsehole, but if he didn't then the areshole's not him. 

think people are giving him crap about it because as noted earlier in this thread he is quite 'aggressive' about his plant based eating habits on his personal blog and the way he feels the need communicate it. As far as I understand he literally did mention things along those lines. 

Anyway...

edit: post 54 page 4. 

Edited by morneS555

I've been following this thread and I'm really so perplexed by the behaviour here.

Here we have a Saffer cyclist attempting a world record on home soil and instead folks on a Saffer cycling forum rallying behind him in either success or failure, the collective decision is made to launch puerile ad hominen attacks at the cyclist and then go off on an anti-vegan tangent.

Are you okes so triggered by the fact that he's wearing a vegan jersey and advertises his lifestyle? If he were wearing a CANSA or SPCA jersey nary a word would've been said.

I've watched his video and the way he presents himself and it's not endearing, but ask yourself, is it worthy of these insults? Many, many people advertise and hype up such attempts at records and then fail. David Goggins made two public attempts at the world pull-up record, failing both times.

***triggered***

I suggest you read his blog. He makes no secret of it that he thinks vegans are superior to corpse munching ****.

Being a vegan isn't an achievement. It's not a charity either like the SPCA that you used as an example. It's simply a dietary choice. It doesn't make you special. So proclaiming it on a yellow shirt in 6 inch letters makes you a massive twat IMO.

BTW i was a veggie for many years and not once did I feel the need to write it on a shirt.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Vegan comments aside (I couldn't be arsed how and what he eats and how he wants to share that) but based upon that video I get a good sense of his ego. Maybe you need an ego to break a world record... Who knows... But if you don't try you just look like a wanker with an ego

Being a vegan isn't an achievement. It's not a charity either like the SPCA that you used as an example. It's simply a dietary choice. It doesn't make you special. So proclaiming it on a yellow shirt in 6 inch letters makes you a massive twat IMO.

BTW i was a veggie for many years and not once did I feel the need to write it on a shirt.

Exactly, if he cares so much for animal welfare he can get some SPCA kit.

If I wear a shirt like this it will trigger the minds out of vegans. But it shouldn't..right? Im just creating awareness for something I believe to be true.

post-734-0-45019200-1555403380_thumb.jpeg

Is this kid South Africa's version of Durian Rider?

OMG I impartially and non discriminatorily HATE that guy (just so it's clear that it's not a vegan thing)  -

DOUCHE DELUX.

Some people will do anything for views and hits on youtube - even be a douche.

I don't mind making salad when I braai... Chicken doesn't taste that bad...

You can sub to my youtube channel where I specialize in showing you non-vegan diet meals that super nutritious and not fattening... click HERE

just kidding - theres no youtube channel... but thanks for clicking...

Edited by s14phoenix

To be fair the guy called me a bestiality addict (albeit indirectly) so I figure a a little returned love is in order.

In order to gain some respect when embarking on a world record attempt you actually have to make an attempt not do some piss poor homework then try 1/8th of a record then make an expletive laden sorry not sorry apology.

Vegan or not he doesn't sound like someone I'd like to sit down and have a beer with #notgonnaflippinhappen

i have a good vegan friend who owns a cafe in town and I eat there often because he makes nice food.

I have a laugh at his expense quite often when i'm in there. (or just to annoy or leather-shame some nazis) but it is all in good fun and most people get it and aren't too emotional about it.

Bought him some "animal" eating plants (fly traps) the other day to throw a spanner in the vegan works so to speak lol. It's quite the conundrum to some of them haha

Here is another interesting one, when a bee is used commercially to pollinate a crop, is that crop yield still vegan?

OMG I impartially and non discriminatorily HATE that guy - DOUCHE DELUX.

Some people will do anything for views and hits - even be a douche.

I don't mind making salad when I braai... Chicken doesn't taste that bad...

The irony is that I am actually moving more and more towards a vegetarian based diet but I don't feel the need to tell everyone about it.

Oh.

Wait.

Best I get myself a tee shirt that says 85% vegetarian.