Everesting World Record Attempt

Pall Catt

1.29 for a half is pretty good.

I agree... unless you're aiming for 1.15 in which case it is absolutely useless.

But I haven't watched the video (don't know if I can handle it) so no idea what the full story is.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell, he ran 1h29 in a pair of Speedcross takkies. Im no Vanzweelawhatwhat fan but thats impressive. Those shoes are only meant to be worn with your jean pants while shopping in Menlyn.

Still waay off his target though.

Not even remotely close to 75min

He was so far off his goal time it's not even funny.

On that same race one of the ladies in our running group and he mid 50 year old husband ran that time .......

I doubt that these folks were running those times on this kind of mileage: 

post-62668-0-16033700-1562225959_thumb.png

I'm not defending this guy, but folks on here are making a mountain of a molehill. It was a challenge a friend set him, he v/blogged about it and gave it a damn good effort. That's it. I'm sure that most of the okes railing on the hub have yet to run a 1:30 half. 

Capture.PNG

I'm not defending this guy, but folks on here are making a mountain of a molehill. It was a challenge a friend set him, he v/blogged about it and gave it a damn good effort. That's it. I'm sure that most of the okes railing on the hub have yet to run a 1:30 half.

But he still failed the challenge. The second ridiculous challenge he attempted. Both his Everest and half marathon attempts were impressive, but way off his targets. Targets announced very arrogantly and with fanfare galore. Should we pat his head?

Racing for alot of years his cardio system and endurance would be in top condition and would not leave alot of room for improvement. I would suggest speed intervals and strength work would give him the best gains.

However, to reach 75 mins you need the correct genetics.

But he still failed the challenge. The second ridiculous challenge he attempted. Both his Everest and half marathon attempts were impressive, but way off his targets. Targets announced very arrogantly and with fanfare galore. Should we pat his head?

And so what if he did. How many people set targets and come up short? Do we rip all of them a new one? 

The only difference here is that Vanzweel makes his targets a very public effort and shoots really high. 

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Needs to up those numbers!

post-11806-0-70383800-1562227203_thumb.jpg

And so what if he did. How many people set targets and come up short? Do we rip all of them a new one?

The only difference here is that Vanzweel makes his targets a very public effort and shoots really high.

Well Im running a 2h45 marathon in 3 months. And fu*cks, sh*ts and carrots.

Well Im running a 2h45 marathon in 3 months. And fu*cks, sh*ts and carrots.

Good luck, then. I hope you smash it. 

Here, from the Freedom Challenge thread, is a different way to look at setting high goals.

The big difference is that when everything goes against him, MD just gets on with it and completes what he started:

It sounds like he got food poisoning, curled up at the side of the road, passed out when he tried to get up and make his bike visible to other riders and hit his head on something, and had some unexpected 'sleep' time... A good night's kip, some farmers-wife TLC and he is on the move again now. With a healthy lead and the easiest part of the FC to do (his words), but now with a goal just to finish. I think he has forgotten he still has about a month's lead over second place...  Toughest human I know.

Urgh I had to watch some of the video to see if I was right...

When he first started with the half marathon in 75mins story I said he wouldnt be able to handle the different muscles and impact associated with running unless he put in the time to get used to it.

Turns out I was right.