[Event] Two Oceans "Wolfpack Hustle" Crash Race 2019

nicsname

Event Name: Two Oceans "Wolfpack Hustle" Crash Race 2019
When: 20 April 2019
Where: Forries, Western Cape
Category: Road

A morning for the purists. A battle for the teeth gritters. A chance for the renegades and the Voigts of Cape Town. A race for the rouleurs, the puncheurs and the breakaway artists. A statement for the singlespeeds and big ring riders. A beautiful morning for all who love the sound of freewheel hubs and banter with buddies at first light. Welcome to the Two Oceans “Wolfpack Hustle” Crash Race.

2019 marks the 6th occasion of the Two Oceans Crash Race - a race/ride which traverses the two oceans ultra-marathon route while the roads are closed(ish), before the runners start. This is your only chance on cycling Cape Town’s usually busy streets, with absolutely(ish) no traffic or cars, for free. Skip your usual beautiful, blissful slumber and join us at an unthinkable hour for 56km of bicycle riding delight. You might have to set your alarm for 3am, but we guarantee you’ll have a good time.

Start time is 4:00am sharp outside Forresters Arms, Newlands. Compulsory items: A bicycle; helmet; front and rear light; and a post-race beer at Forries.

First Gent and First Lady will receive a rare and highly coveted crash race dog-tag so #bringyourhustle

Go to Event Page

Edited by nicsname

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legit yes, I have done it a few times. Really great fun.

No costs, other than some sweat and tears.

You've got a title to defend!

I would offer to lead you out till Chappies but I'm not sure if I will make it back in time to run

Edited by Jewbacca

I've been wanting to do this since the first one.  I think this should be the year to do it.

surely the 'bent needs another gallop?

Main Road Wynberg is scary enough hanging onto the UCT whippersnappers on a normal bike, thank you.

With this weekend being your last to train (either by having a beer at 6:30am or by spinning the legs) before the big day, here’s your route:

Once everyone arrives at Forries we'll take a spin down to the Engen Garage on Main Road for the start. We ride main road all the way to Fish Hoek and turn right at the FH circle towards Noordhoek. We take the same back roads as the Ultra (Corsair Way), eventually doing Chappies, through Hout Bay, up Constantia Nek and then hit Rhodes Drive to the finish, where cold bezzas await!

For safety's sake, the official finish for the racing snakes will be at Kirstenbosch top gate - in case it ends in a sprint - followed by a leisurely roll back to forries for a beer and a chat. Hope to see you there!

post-6918-0-81620900-1554894667_thumb.jpg

Edited by nicsname