Is this behaviour ok?

Quagga

Out of interest … why do we comment on other people’s wrong doing and acts as a law enforcing authority. As a cyclist you are responsible for your actions, as a fellow cyclist you might not agree that someone is breaking the law and skip a light, but in actual fact it has nothing to do with you  :whistling: 

Funny how people are always so law abiding and never skip a red light. Then as a pedestrian you probably never cross mid-block and only on the 5 – 7 seconds of the green man at every intersection and every time you cross the road, cause if you don’t what is the difference as you are also in the wrong  :eek:

So like Patch said if I see someone breaking into your house/ car I should "stay out of it" Or

lets say you fall riding your bike and I come past and I dont stop and ask, because it has nothing to do with me, would you then also say it is ok?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest … why do we comment on other people’s wrong doing and acts as a law enforcing authority. As a cyclist you are responsible for your actions, as a fellow cyclist you might not agree that someone is breaking the law and skip a light, but in actual fact it has nothing to do with you :whistling:

Funny how people are always so law abiding and never skip a red light. Then as a pedestrian you probably never cross mid-block and only on the 5 – 7 seconds of the green man at every intersection and every time you cross the road, cause if you don’t what is the difference as you are also in the wrong :eek:

It’s like Patch can see into the future.

But then there would be comments along the lines of 'haven't you got real criminals to catch' ?

And the 'taxis do it all the time and you don't do anything about that' and 'we are just soft/easy targets for you traffic cops'.

Yes, of course, but so what, what's your point?

So like Patch said if I see someone breaking into your house/ car I should "stay out of it" Or

lets say you fall riding your bike and I come past and I dont stop and ask, because it has nothing to do with me, would you then also say it is ok?

The reference was to crossing a red traffic light on a bicycle when it is safe to do so, keeping that in mind you are probably more likely to be taken out at a green light due to not looking and thinking that you are safe to cross.

I agree that if any action resulted in injury I will also offer assistance.

It is just a pity that people are backing the odds of not being fined or caught, that goes for all levels of breaking the law ... red lights, speeding, murder, etc. sad  :thumbdown:

The reference was to crossing a red traffic light on a bicycle when it is safe to do so, keeping that in mind you are probably more likely to be taken out at a green light due to not looking and thinking that you are safe to cross.

I agree that if any action resulted in injury I will also offer assistance.

It is just a pity that people are backing the odds of not being fined or caught, that goes for all levels of breaking the law ... red lights, speeding, murder, etc. sad  :thumbdown:

Same people that tell others to "mind their business" will be the 1st to hoot and shout when another car skips a stop street and nearly takes them out while they have their kid in the car.

Why are they not minding their own business them, they are not the law.

With the drought last year in CPT, I wonder if people also had the same attitude. 

"not my problem that he/she is wasting water" = Me hmmm really not your problem when YOUR tap is dry.

If you believe that I should mind my own business, PLEASE give me your name so I can do exactly that when you are stranded on the trail after a fall or a puncture etc.

Out of interest … why do we comment on other people’s wrong doing and acts as a law enforcing authority. As a cyclist you are responsible for your actions, as a fellow cyclist you might not agree that someone is breaking the law and skip a light, but in actual fact it has nothing to do with you  :whistling: 

Funny how people are always so law abiding and never skip a red light. Then as a pedestrian you probably never cross mid-block and only on the 5 – 7 seconds of the green man at every intersection and every time you cross the road, cause if you don’t what is the difference as you are also in the wrong  :eek:

I tell you what ...I see YOU drop/throw litter in the street I WILL make it my business to *** you out...I see YOU abusing an animal I WILL *** you out...in SA right now ...most will hide behind the curtains when the sh one T is going down in their own street...PATHETIC!!!