Is this behaviour ok?

Quagga

1. I would stop as I have seen cars drive without lights that time of the morning.

2. I do train, but I pick a route where I don't have stop streets, you should try that

Have you ever trained at 4am for 2 hours? I would vs I did is worlds apart.

I would beat Froome dog up suikerbossie vs I did beat Froome us suikerbossie ..?

Let me Guess those are all..

On a gravel Road?

Cause 2hours = 60km of open roads with no Robots of Stop streets ?

Please put your money where your mouth is and show me this magnificent 60km route with no stop streets and no robots ….. I will go get my popcorn ready. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I said to the cyclist that he skipped a red light, I was told to "F*&^ Off"

Should we not adhere to the road rules, like not standing 3m ahead of the white line?

What do you think....?

I often commute on the same road (a weeks ago I was very nearly taken out at the green light at the start of your video by a lady on her cellphone turning left...)

The robot he skipped (I always stop when its red) I can kind of understand as the left turn is for the Santam office entrance and is always quiet - but yeah, he should have obeyed the rules.

The last section where he stopped ahead of the line I honestly don't have an issue with. Its a T-junction, the cars behind have the option to turn either left or right (from the same lane) and you can find yourself in the way of a turning car when you are in the middle of the lane. At least when you are ahead of the cars when the robot turns green they are aware of you before they start moving.

I would beat Froome dog up suikerbossie vs I did beat Froome us suikerbossie ..?

On a gravel Road?

Please put your money where your mouth is and show me this magnificent 60km route with no stop streets and no robots ….. I will go get my popcorn ready. 

. . .  He never said he trained for 2 hours at 4am on a road that has no robots or stop streets. . .  Just to clarify. . . 

Ahh so because you use the road a lot you get to make up the rules.

That makes total sense...

I dont think he is saying that.

I ride 8km to where our club rides start, 4 traffic lights on the way there. 

On my way there its usually before 6am, minimal traffic on the road so I will stop at a light and roll through if there are no cars.

On my way back home its usually very busy, I will adhere same rules as if I am in a car. I will also stop quite a bit in front of the vehicles to make sure I am visible.

Is this behaviour ok?

On a gravel Road?

1 . Yes I have.

2. See image

post-31289-0-26401900-1554461566_thumb.png

I think Strava is to blame cos someone has the PR for that segment and he wants to take it. :ph34r:  

Bottom line gents is.

You put your own safety first.

Stop at the red robots and stop at the stop streets as they are placed there for a reason.

Obey the road rules as they are there for a reason.

Anyways enjoy rest of your Friday  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Just to be clear, I don't really care what cyclist do when there are NO other cars around at 4am etc.

I care about blatant disregard to road rule in peak hour traffic

Should we not adhere to the road rules, like not standing 3m ahead of the white line?

What do you think....?

High time they start implementing these at traffic lights and stop streets in SA. The red bit is where cyclists wait.

e1aee9801b15f6e3f63805183b1f571c.jpg

at 4am its probably safer to stop at red lights AND green lights as thats also when most cars skip red lights.

1 . Yes I have.

2. See image

attachicon.gifroute.PNG

Very nice route..... have no idea where it is.

Please post Strava link of when you did this route at 4am, would like to give it a go next week

Very nice route..... have no idea where it is.

Please post Strava link of when you did this route at 4am, would like to give it a go next week

Goes from Graanendal towards the silos. I rode it about 2 years ago at 5 am.

I don’t need to prove it you.

Goes from Graanendal towards the silos. I rode it about 2 years ago at 5 am.

I don’t need to prove it you.

Agreed.

what difference does commuting, "actually training" and PPA seeding have to do with the discussion....if you as a cyclist are on the road, you are to adhere to the rules of the road, no matter what "type" of cyclist you classify or identify yourself as being!

@ Quagga

How many hours do you cycle per week?

Do you actually train or do you just commute? 

What is your current PPA Seeding ?

Archived