Lyne Incase Link Case - Top Cap

OnTheRicky

Scott Kraaines 

Haha. My thoughts exactly. Although with a bit of patience, a cable cutter and some zip ties or heatshrink you can get it reasonably tidy.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just use a bit of insulation tape, and wrap it around the actual chain tool to keep the tool from rattling (it always did without the tape), and then on the second round with the insulation tape - tape the links on there too. Works nicely.

I just have a spare link black insulation taped onto my shifter cable.

fit and forget.

• 4 weeks later...

Why does Scott have proprietary spacers?

See post #7 on the previous page.

You CAN use a standard spacer, and a standard top-cap.

The proprietary units simply finish it off nicer along the lines of the stem.

I reckon it's time that you ask yourself some honest questions and cut that steerer.

Ja nee wragtig, just do it, please....

I reckon it's time that you ask yourself some honest questions and cut that steerer.

Tbh I didn't even notice this, so it doesn't bother me much, but now that you mention it I see it!

It use to be that the spacers were underneath the stem, but after a fitting they dropped the stem.

Other than looking stupid, why would I cut the steerer tube? Wouldn't the extra length allow flexibility if I decide to sell?

I might cut it shorter to remove at least one spacer, which should make a big difference in the look already

Other than looking stupid, why would I cut the steerer tube? Wouldn't the extra length allow flexibility if I decide to sell?

Le HUB has many nazis ....

CAREFUL of posting pics showing your sock length !!!  You will get taken out ....

Spacers above the stem has a similar cult following .....

but, yes, it does look neater with a clean cut above the stem.