Greg Minnaar Cycles to the rescue!

gerryonimo

Last Friday the Jeppe High School for Boys MTB team where invited to ride an MTB Inter schools race against Maritzburg College at Cascades Bike Park in KZN. Unfortunately one of our best riders, Spur Series Gauteng champion, Aaron Heyneke's bike was stolen in the early hours of that morning and he pitched up a little depressed without a bike. En route to Maritzburg we decided to give Greg Minnaar Cycles a call to see if they could perhaps help us out. We spoke to Craig and without any hesitation he said " Yes! We have a Medium bike for Aaron to use for the afternoon". We arrived there about an hour and half before the start of the event to be met by the friendly and helpful GMC staff, with Craig setting up a Santa Cruz Tall Boy for our MTB champ! Aaron went on and won his race in good style on his sleek borrowed Santa Cruz.

It is great that an established, top end bike shop like GMC has shown such generosity and enthusiasm to help our young riders without a second thought. Thanks to all at GMC, definitely one of the top LBS in the

country!

Also had great service from Craig and the guys at GMC. Run by a bunch of guys that love what they do.

Me three.  They also have helped me out of many a problem.  Great bunch.

Great story with an awesome result. Was his bike stolen in Pmb?

From the write up it doesn't sound like it.

The question is.. Once he's tasted the tallboy... Will he be able to go back to anything else!

Bike was stolen from his garage at home. Well done to GMC for helping him out, Aaron is a talented youngster passionate about cycling, he also makes "pocket money" by serving and repairing bikes in his spare time and judging by what I've heard does an excellent job. 

From the write up it doesn't sound like it.

The question is.. Once he's tasted the tallboy... Will he be able to go back to anything else!

Aaron is the Brand Ambassador for Head bikes so fortunately his stolen bike has been replaced. He did comment about the Tall Boy saying he enjoyed the set up, and judging by his performance in the race he loved the handling and the ride! 

kudos to them

and him for the win

i hope he never had to return the bike after the race

surely they let him keep it

Last Friday the Jeppe High School for Boys MTB team where invited to ride an MTB Inter schools race against Maritzburg College at Cascades Bike Park in KZN. Unfortunately one of our best riders, Spur Series Gauteng champion, Aaron Heyneke's bike was stolen in the early hours of that morning and he pitched up a little depressed without a bike. En route to Maritzburg we decided to give Greg Minnaar Cycles a call to see if they could perhaps help us out. We spoke to Craig and without any hesitation he said " Yes! We have a Medium bike for Aaron to use for the afternoon". We arrived there about an hour and half before the start of the event to be met by the friendly and helpful GMC staff, with Craig setting up a Santa Cruz Tall Boy for our MTB champ! Aaron went on and won his race in good style on his sleek borrowed Santa Cruz.

It is great that an established, top end bike shop like GMC has shown such generosity and enthusiasm to help our young riders without a second thought. Thanks to all at GMC, definitely one of the top LBS in the

country!