10 cyclist hit & run incident - Centurion

Fred van Vlaanderen

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many of these incidents lose traction over time.

It really should stay in the public domain and receive the attention it deserves.

And this story alone is the reason my wife bought me a kickr 4 and paid for a year of zwift. Aside from how I feel on the road, the wife says that when I am out riding she is in a constant state of fear waiting for the call that I have been hit. Especially in winter when it is dark when I leave and still dark when I get back. So, since I love my wife, I will be riding mostly indoors for winter, not because it is cold, but because it is safer.

Nothing further on this ?

I think about it every day

Too many of these incidents lose traction over time.

It really should stay in the public domain and receive the attention it deserves.

me too.

I really thoughthoped Burry was going to be a huge watershed moment for action in this regard.

It seems to have been misfounded.

me too.

I really thoughthoped Burry was going to be a huge watershed moment for action in this regard.

It seems to have been misfounded.

See the Beeld this morning another Cyclist killed on the Westrand yesterday.

See the Beeld this morning another Cyclist killed on the Westrand yesterday.

Yeah, He was my Physio for many years. Nicest toppie you will probably find. Very knowledgeable.

Seems the Brain Drain is not just people leaving the country, those that remain seem to be taken out by their countrymen in various forms.

Am I right in thinking that straight after the accident the police said they knew who the driver was and they were giving him the chance to hand himself in?  

Am I right in thinking that straight after the accident the police said they knew who the driver was and they were giving him the chance to hand himself in?  

Yes, it's called a bluff

• 1 month later...

Thinking about this last night. Any updates? Most recent I could find was from the Centurion Rekord (31 May): 

https://rekordcenturion.co.za/172323/update-police-still-investigating-fatal-centurion-hit-and-run/

that's ridiculous.

the driver left the car and his passenger behind.

If the driver is the owner of the vehicle then these guys really are useless.

surely his family aren't letting it just go?

"The driver ran away [from] after the accident. One passenger from the car stayed behind and has been treated for minor injuries," Mahamba confirmed.

"Because [we know his identity], we request he hand himself over to the police so that a statement can be obtained to establish what happened."

Call someone a monkey and within hours everyone will know everything about you from your phone number to your underpants size ... But kill a cyclist and run away from the scene because you're clearly not fit to remain at the scene and nothing can be found about you months later. FFS... This just infuriates me. The incompetence if these people knows no end.

Would it be worthwhile contributing to a fund to help the family hire a reputable investigator?