[Event] 2019 SRAM WC XCO Championships Race #4 Diamant Estate

milky4130

also the event starts 45mins later than the previous rounds meaning you can practice the course up until 8:45am

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get a lap in yesterday. The course is really a lot of fun! Can't wait to race on Saturday.

Also just managed to squeak in one quick lap, and it it seems a "fun" one yes, but think it will be a different story red lining it all the way though, as will be the case tomorrow.

Forgot my device at home so not sure of the distance and elevation, but did feel the climbing in the start of the lap, and at the end, the lap felts quite long vs other races, but not sure if this is in fact the case.

Lots of very tight corners and switchbacks, so need to make sure I keep the tummy tucked in all the way..... 

Was that fun or was that fun. One of the best designed courses using most of the natural elements available.

We’ll done to Donovan for riding a flawless 4 races and in the process taking the Sub Vets title at WP & WC Champs Level. Which left Michael Potton and myself for the ding dong battle of 2nd place all season. Each of us picking up 2x2nd’s and 2x3rd’s each. And then for everyone else that lined up that didn’t quite make the podium, Kudos to you guys!!

Was that fun or was that fun. One of the best designed courses using most of the natural elements available.

We’ll done to Donovan for riding a flawless 4 races and in the process taking the Sub Vets title at WP & WC Champs Level. Which left Michael Potton and myself for the ding dong battle of 2nd place all season. Each of us picking up 2x2nd’s and 2x3rd’s each. And then for everyone else that lined up that didn’t quite make the podium, Kudos to you guys!!

Nice one guys! How do they decide on the series second place if you both had matching results? Sudden death wheelie competition?

Nice one guys! How do they decide on the series second place if you both had matching results? Sudden death wheelie competition?

I think they do a race up to Tokai mast [emoji6]

the final round is the decider. I had the exact same scenario with Darryn Stow last year.

I rode the course yesterday and told my son how much fun it was, but knew racing it will be a different kettle of fish all together. 

This turned out to be the case with me taking a proper tumble down one of the rock features, and again later on one of the washed out corners, which was testament to just how technical things become when you are on the limit for most.

Really enjoyed the day, and the full series - now on to other kind of events and some ultra endurance stuff in a few months.

Well done to each rider who took part in the series or some of the events, and got to agree with Milky, to the handful (really nothing more than that) responsible for making the races happen, no words will be suffice to express our appreciation.

See you guys out there on the trails again ! 

can one go ride these trails as a member of the public, or was this open for the race only?