[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I make no fitness claims but I've been working my ring off to get strong enough for this event. I did the full duro route 2 weeks ago just to make sure I can actually make it round.

You're certainly looking fitter, dude.

LOL dude. No way you were fit enough for this one. This is some ezel level Rocky balboa level training needed for this one. Even in my final form (ezelesque) I would have been a DNF for this one. Just be thankful you have a cold.

Only a friend can throw someone under the bus like that.

Et tu Brute?

Eina.

Et tu Brute?

Eina.

Im not his friend and I fully agree.

Lets be realistic.

Talks a massive game and dishes advice out left, right and centre before the event.

Totally mediocre performance during the event.

Three pages of excuses after the event.

And then ...... An undertaking to be better prepared and do better next time (It wont happen)

Says on the weight loss thread that he has stagnated because he cant train because of a number of reasons.

Says here that he was ready and fit for this event.

I have friends who have worked their guts out for this event. They are terrified for tomorrow.

Easy to say, I was fit and ready. But you arent partaking in the event. So your statement will never be tested.

Edited by Vetseun

I have no issue with being unfit. It's a choice. Maybe not the healthiest but there are far worse things... Like turning right at a circle in the go straight or left lane. It's cathartic admitting that you are SLEG. Being sleg is OK. Not being ready for a BEAST of a jonkershoek Enduro is 100% ok. Dropping out due to a viral illness is advisable. My excuse tho. I've had a SLEG year. Proud of the noncycling things I've achieved whilst eating biltong and simbachips in the office and the study.

Will it be fair assumption that Hoogies will be empty tomorrow morning when I get there?

Best wishes to all of you and have a blast out there 

Lets be realistic.

Talks a massive game and dishes advice out left, right and centre before the event.

And then ...... An undertaking to be better prepared and do better next time (It wont happen)

Says on the weight loss thread that he has stagnated because he cant train because of a number of reasons.

I have friends who have worked their guts out for this event. They are terrified for tomorrow.

Easy to say, I was fit and ready. But you arent partaking in the event. So your statement will never be tested.

Woah, hold on not sure you're allowed to comment on the event (and therefore people in the event) unless you're doing the event or entered the event. Much like you're not allowed to write up about your experience in the event unless you finished the event. Having a 'friends doing the event' doesn't get a pass card! 

Edited by T-Bob

Et tu Brute?

Eina.

Why you throw me under the bus for subtle under bus throwing! Get off your high horse you bêckstebber. Tsek!

It's comfortable under the bus. There's less wind and rain. A bit more oil than I'm used to, though. 

Woah, hold on not sure you're allowed to comment on the event (and therefore people in the event) unless you're doing the event or entered the event. Much like you're not allowed to write up about your experience in the event unless you finished the event. Having a 'friends doing the event' doesn't get a pass card!

Well let me know when you are sure. Then we can discuss it.

The fact that knew that this track even existed is rather disturbing!

You don't know The Streets?!

Mike Skinner, Leo the Lion, Mark Trail, Callum Greens and co..... Legends!

(Coming from a punk rock metal head it is not easy for me to publicly admit to liking trash rap, but whoa! The Streets are an institution!)

Lets be realistic.

No need to start public shaming Vetty.

Did they work their guts OFF at the same time?

I'm probably the most un fit I've been since I spent a 6 months in bed/wheelchair and had to learn how to use my right arm to write etc after totalling the left hand side of my body in an accident in the 90's.

Having a 7 week old baby while running your own businesses AND having no will power to refuse sweeties will do that.

I am however more afraid of the middle section of Plumber than I am of being fit enough to get around the course. Winching yourself up to those trail heads 4 or 5 times isn't actually as bad as everyone is making out. 

When I hop on the bike later this morning I will have ridden 3 times in 3 days! Which I haven't done in a long time!

Eeeeennnnnn? Manne? Hoe was dit? Of is julle "gôh" uitgery?

No casualties I presume?