[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very smooth down there... Nice. Plumber is not easy to ride smoothly like that.

I was not so smooth today.

Bought some real estate on the first 'tight' right hander just before the rock spill. I went pretty deep into the shrubbery.

Trails are all riding amazingly. The work done has left them all with their own 'personality' but has removed the 'sketchy' without removing the technical side. You can trust the trail and in turn the bike.

Probably the main difference between the 'technical' aspects of Tokai vs Jonkers. Tokai is just sketchy.

These you can just let go of the brakes and whoop like a child.. or like me, whimper like a maltese poodle at a dog fight while trying not to die

Edited by Jewbacca

Good videos. Going to watch those over and over again to get a handle on the course! Hate getting held up in those rock gardens because I didn't carry the momentum from further up. 

Good videos. Going to watch those over and over again to get a handle on the course! Hate getting held up in those rock gardens because I didn't carry the momentum from further up. 

Ya good stuff. Getting to know the trail.. the DH pros do their POV's and rewatch over and over to get the course dialed in their heads. Which is why its amazing to see how the EWS Pros pin it on stuff they rode once or twice. 

I'm still feeling sorry for myself with a bad flu while everyone is out doing 3 hour rides. Not Ideal for the fitness situation. If I get better by Wednesday I was planning on riding Iron Monkey and Plummer 2 with a Gopro, will have to see though.

The gnarly parts demand confidence and momentum, that's half the battle won. Helps a lot when you know where you're going though.

The 

Edited by Bos

If Iron Monkey is stage 4, that 'little' kicker hill two thirds down is going to be devastating!

It might be a sit down spin or a walk!  :eek:

Are you referring to the "link between old DH and Flow/Slangpad" that is quite a little killer yes, and narrow!

Are you referring to the "link between old DH and Flow/Slangpad" that is quite a little killer yes, and narrow!

Yeah... the traverse from old DH to the 'flow' lines... Also, those little gaps/doubles on the flow line. I needed a whole team of lawyers.

My skills are currently sub optimal but I don't know if I would ever have carried the speed through those tight berms to clear them.

Race day is going to be super fun!

Yeah... the traverse from old DH to the 'flow' lines... Also, those little gaps/doubles on the flow line. I needed a whole team of lawyers.

My skills are currently sub optimal but I don't know if I would ever have carried the speed through those tight berms to clear them.

Race day is going to be super fun!

Tell me about it! I know there is one I don' t even consider about 2/3rds down. Same with Zululand..most are really makable there, a couple is just weird and impossible to clear unless you're a pro maybe, or you pull up and rail the berms which I have never been able to do.

Doesn't help that by the time I get to this part of the trail, I feel like a spaghetti man. 

You okes do realise that the footage and commentary on these videos are courtesy of the legendary "Muishond" himself.......

You okes do realise that the footage and commentary on these videos are courtesy of the legendary "Muishond" himself.......

Except these days he's more affectionately knows as Die Huishond