[Event] EWC 3 Jonkershoek Enduro

Enduro Western Cape

I operate daily on as much if not less sleep, but due to diff reasons. I really suffer on the trails. Down a monster or equivalent and some energy vitamins. Will for a bit.

You suffer from really bad insomnia or anxiety?

Bro, I won't go near those energy drinks. My heart will explode. Happy with some rooibos tea and a bacon and egg croissant from the stellies BP.

I'm sure Plumber will provide me with enough adrenaline to keep me going for a few hours!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You suffer from really bad insomnia or anxiety?

Bro, I won't go near those energy drinks. My heart will explode. Happy with some rooibos tea and a bacon and egg croissant from the stellies BP.

I'm sure Plumber will provide me with enough adrenaline to keep me going for a few hours!

Neither, maybe a little anxiety. More to do with the op I had 3 years ago, and the meds I am now permanently on.

Neither, maybe a little anxiety. More to do with the op I had 3 years ago, and the meds I am now permanently on.

yeash.. Sleep is probably the most important part of recovery.

Bit of a nasty cycle there. Sorry to hear.

They link lack of sleep with all sorts of long term mental issues. In fact, sleep deprivation and the effects are as close to psychosis as someone can get without actually going mad... prolonged sleep deprivation will eventually lead to the effects being permanent.

I obviously don't want to pry here, wrong place, but you should definitely see someone about the meds, the side affects and a possible solution.

They link lack of sleep with all sorts of long term mental issues. In fact, sleep deprivation and the effects are as close to psychosis as someone can get without actually going mad... prolonged sleep deprivation will eventually lead to the effects being permanent.

I obviously don't want to pry here, wrong place, but you should definitely see someone about the meds, the side affects and a possible solution.

What do you know about sleep .... you have a new born baby at home :P

Already have, on a plan as well. Thanks for the insite.got a full nights sleep last night.

Already have, on a plan as well. Thanks for the insite.got a full nights sleep last night.

Rad.. I am actually really happy to read this.

I lost a good friend to suicide after the onset of psychosis after a long battle with anxiety, insomnia and the incumbent issues with self medicating.

Rad.. I am actually really happy to read this.

I lost a good friend to suicide after the onset of psychosis after a long battle with anxiety, insomnia and the incumbent issues with self medicating.

Oh no, sorry to hear. I can honestly say I will never do that no matter what!! 4 hours is great, 6 solid uninterrupted hours is the bomb!!

I got a full 4 hours last night..... In a ROW!

awesome ... was a full three hours more than me ... was pushing a deadline and managed an hours sleep.

I also rode today covered a lot with plumber, Zulu, iron and Armageddon. I thought i’d Been getting fitter for this with some mast efforts but am bleery broken tonight. Plus I seem to have developed a numb left hand 20 minutes into a ride but genuinely I am broken.

If Iron Monkey is stage 4, that 'little' kicker hill two thirds down is going to be devastating!

It might be a sit down spin or a walk!  :eek: