Buff's Classic/Vintage/Retro rebuilds

Been a while since I posted here. My most recent video is up on YouTube showing the restoration of this banged up Peugeot PX-10 that was bought in NYC and shipped to SA for some love & attention by yours truly 😊 Check it out if these kinds of videos give you warm & fuzzy feelings 😉

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P7.jpg

P11.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

While the experts are focused on past restorations today I thought I'd post a pic of an old bike I picked up two years ago on an auction.

It's a Carlton Kermesse (as stated on the frame) with a 5 sprocket rear cassette. The rear wheel appears that can be flipped around (I assume) to use with a single gear on the other side.

With a bit of grease/oil on the running parts and one new tube the bike was rideable but haven't due to wanting to save the old tyres.

My question is: what is this bike worth and although it is "rideable" is it worth keeping it as it is?

IMG_20220517_124546~2.jpg

IMG_20220517_124611~2.jpg

Sadly not "worth" too much in terms of monetary value but certainly worth keeping and riding at vintage events as it appears to be all original. Not often you find them with the lights still intact, that's a nice bonus. Lovely old classic 🤙

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Sadly not "worth" too much in terms of monetary value but certainly worth keeping and riding at vintage events as it appears to be all original. Not often you find them with the lights still intact, that's a nice bonus. Lovely old classic 🤙

Thank you sir. She's quite a heavy bike so she'll be good on short rides..

I think as Buff says, likely not worth a lot, b-u-t, a now-rare bike, with cool saddle, lights, mudguards AND that flip-flop (or Dual Drive?) hub, have seen a good few ‘regular’ flip-flop hubs, but only with a SINGLE cog at each side, and not a CLUSTER on one side, and single cog on the other side!

Maybe remove the tires, store them, fit fresh rubber and take a ride!
Cool bike, perfect for Eroica 2025!

• 2 weeks later...

Would this count? Brand new old school.

We are now the official distributors for Officina Battaglin in South Africa. 

We have 3 gorgeous custom framesets coming in the next month so be on the lookout for our build threads.

IMG-20240617-WA0025.jpg.74294f920c905a1e91ff11e952ee582a.jpg

Edited by Furbz