Buff's Classic/Vintage/Retro rebuilds

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those keen to see how I used acid etching to achieve a pantography type engraved look on an old stem, take a look at my latest video :thumbup:

I would be "seriously chuffed" too with a result like that   :thumbup:  :clap:

Edited by DJR

• 4 weeks later...

My recently completed Tommasini Prestige (Columbus SL tubing) that I built up as a Neo-Retro with a Shimano 105 groupset that I salvaged off a trashed TCR some time back. The chrome fork that was on it wasn't original so I replaced it with this carbon Percente that I used to run back on my Bianchi in my younger days.  It took me one ride to fall hopelessly in love with it :drool:

The plain seatpost bugged me so I did some work etching the Tommasini logo into  it over the weekend, it suits the bike a lot better now. The only change now will be the saddle to something more period correct.

post-39501-0-65609100-1613978724_thumb.jpg

post-39501-0-15048100-1613978740_thumb.jpg

post-39501-0-63962300-1613978750_thumb.jpg

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Buff ... do you have some new vid editing software?

Nope, still being a cheap skate and using iMovie on my phone ^_^

I got those sent to me from a mate in Jbg but I see Brights Hardware Store now stocks them as well.

These are the guys that make them though so maybe you can buy directly :thumbup:

https://www.pferd.com/za-en/company/contact/pferd-south-africa-sales-and-distribution-offices/

For those interested, the video on my Neo Retro Tommasini Prestige dropped on youtube last night :thumbup:

Wow! Great job! 

Well done!

Think this is a great route to re-use an old frame. 

• 1 month later...