Buff's Classic/Vintage/Retro rebuilds

Desperate times call for desperate measures... especialy if you missed out on buying yourself and IDT before lockdown.

So I went ahead and built myself one using some scrap wood, two old hubs and a repurposed Holdfast clamp.

It's a total biaatch to pedal with my full weight on the hubs but it works and I guess that's all that counts for now.

Growing up money was tight.

My dad built me an indoor trainer from scrap metal and repurpose rollers from a feedlot.

Sounded like a boeing.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing up money was tight.

My dad built me an indoor trainer from scrap metal and repurpose rollers from a feedlot.

Sounded like a boeing.

This one makes a racket as well, can hardly hear the music on my earphones on full volume.

• 3 months later...

For those looking to blow some data, my latest video has dropped on the tube. A slight departure from the norm of classic steel road bikes but it was a calling I needed to action.

William & his son are still needing helmets so if anyone could assist with some that might be collecting dust, please hook me up.

• 3 weeks later...

For those looking to blow some data, my latest video has dropped on the tube. A slight departure from the norm of classic steel road bikes but it was a calling I needed to action.

William & his son are still needing helmets so if anyone could assist with some that might be collecting dust, please hook me up.

Well done meneer.

Thought I'd share a photo of the final Cosmos build after finally getting the decals sorted out.

I love the track fork on this bike .... gives it a completely different personality  ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yo ... your latest Youtube clip shows as private .... the one released 2hrs ago

Yeay Hairy, about that. I forgot I scheduled it for release on Sat evening expecting the owner to collect in the week. Then the owner was unable to collect so I had to reschedule otherwise he'd see his bike on YouTube before seeing it in the flesh ^_^ So it released on Sat evening for about an hour before I had the chance to change it back to Private. Hopefully it'll go live in the week sometime.

Yeay Hairy, about that. I forgot I scheduled it for release on Sat evening expecting the owner to collect in the week. Then the owner was unable to collect so I had to reschedule otherwise he'd see his bike on YouTube before seeing it in the flesh ^_^ So it released on Sat evening for about an hour before I had the chance to change it back to Private. Hopefully it'll go live in the week sometime.

Tell the owner to hurry up already ..... or else........

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I've posted some updates but things have still been happening in the garage. I expanded my little operation by buying a vinyl cutter and setting my 16yr old daughter up with a sideline business making vinyl decals to earn pocket money and cut my own for the restoration projects. Here's some of the work she's done so far... with Dads help of course :whistling:

post-39501-0-89532000-1608282484_thumb.jpg

post-39501-0-05666000-1608282494_thumb.jpg

post-39501-0-10824900-1608282506_thumb.jpg

post-39501-0-78504200-1608282515_thumb.jpg

post-39501-0-35502000-1608282527_thumb.jpg