Bike Hub classifieds vibe

nox1111

Hey Nick, around when can we expect the new site to launch?

We're working pretty frantically to get a public testing phase. Busy with this week's review meeting.

img_20190806_131700.jpg

Very soon we'll be asking for testers, if you're interested.

Maybe in a couple months.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say your response was rather aggressive towards someone who had made an honest mistake.

If that's aggressive, then you really don't want to see me peeved.

Aggressive, not really. Annoyed and entertained most definitely. So, honest mistake would go something like this:

Ad:

Wanted: Bikerack.

Offended/confused buyer guy: How'd you know I wanted one?! Sure do. (thinking to himself) Also the correct phrasing would have been: "Do you want a bikerack?", but that's OK, I won't point out the obvious here.

Ad details:

Looking for one or two bikeracks to go on my roofrack.

Needs to be in good condition.

Offended/confused buyer guy:

This must be one of those question ads like Verimark does;  "looking for one or two bikeracks to go on your roofrack?" "Needs to be in good condition?"

Offended/confused buyer guy:

Sure do and yes please! (thinking to himself) This guy is not good at writing ads, I can see why he missed inserting price. And I have to ask him for an actual photo of the items, stock images is just not representative of actual condition...

Listen; I am just having fun with this now. But surely that mistake is made because the guy did not spend more than 10secs to look at the ad.

"is this still available" :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

I get millions of these. I sell braai wood on Facebook and people still ask what the condition of the product is.

The condition is as follows: It's all dried out, broken, chopped up into small pieces. Not suitable for building purposes.

These are pre written messages you can just click on and it sends to the seller. It irritates the hell out of me [emoji1787][emoji1787]

These are pre written messages you can just click on and it sends to the seller. It irritates the hell out of me [emoji1787][emoji1787]

I will always reply with Ja, or yes when they ask if it is still available.  That is where the conversation usually ends.

My 2c....

Very recently there was a very good deal on a carbon Trek MTB.

Let's call it a text-book case of a Hubber selling not for the purpose of making a buck, but rather to give someone who cannot afford a new bike the chance of owning a good quality bike.

If I had the money, I would have bought that no questions...the size of bike I ride does not come around very often.

The following day I wanted to have a 2nd look...and the add is gone. So bike sold, and I think somewhere is a lucky hubber with a new bike that got an awesome deal!

Alas!

Yesterday I see the same bike (well I am 99.9% sure) being advertised by a dealer on the site, for R8k more than the first add!!

I am all for guys making a living from buying/selling stuff...even if you do it on the side to finance your own cycling expenses...but I do feel it creates a BAD VIBE when you buy on here, and re-sell here as well.

Everyone that saw that add now knows you got the bike at  bargain, and making huge profit.

I am for the proposal to say, if you buy it here and wish to re-sell....sell it elsewhere (i.e. gumtree, FB or the likes).

Eg. CWC (and the shoppers) will certainly not stand for someone buying 100 items that is on sale, and when the sale is done  re-selling it for a profit; on the same premises!  

I had the exact same experience. I was selling my wife`s dual suss bike ( Fairly top end bike ) and advertised it for a reasonably low price as I was wanting a quick sale. Got a call from a chap begging me for the bike at a lower price as it is for his daughter who is looking to upgrade her bike as she is a good competitor and wanted to race more seriously. My softness got the better of me and I let it go for a song. Needless to say it was advertised on the hub a few days later at R 11 000 more that the buyer paid. PS......This happened about 2 years ago.  

We're working pretty frantically to get a public testing phase. Busy with this week's review meeting.

attachicon.gifimg_20190806_131700.jpg

Very soon we'll be asking for testers, if you're interested.

Maybe in a couple months.

Intellij and bitbucket? not just looking busy :)

Even better when they leave feedback on your profile afterwards as has just happened to me... Apparently R500 was a reasonable offer for 5 brand new brake rotors (2 other people thought R500 for 2 of them was a reasonable offer but Cazzie knew better). I thought I was being polite by deleting their message without responding but apparently I should have sent an honest response

Even better when they leave feedback on your profile afterwards as has just happened to me... Apparently R500 was a reasonable offer for 5 brand new brake rotors (2 other people thought R500 for 2 of them was a reasonable offer but Cazzie knew better). I thought I was being polite by deleting their message without responding but apparently I should have sent an honest response

I have R80 (4 x new R20 notes) for the 5 x rotors ...... R60 if I need to collect it from you, R80 if you drop it off at my office tomorrow:ph34r: