Ryder Force Saddle

Traveler

Hi There

Apologies if this is going slightly of topic.

I've been given a Force saddle to test out as I'm not happy with the saddle that came with my bike.  The Force saddle is somewhat shorter than the "normal" saddles that come standard on most bikes. 

Maybe a silly question, but how would the fore and aft position be set-up, do I measure from the rear of the old saddle to the handlebar and duplicate that measurement once the Force saddle is fitted due to the Force being shorter, or do I do the normal measurement from the nose of the saddle and duplicate once the Force is fitted?

TYI

I measured from the centre point of the old saddle and then positioned the Force saddle's centerpoint to be at the same point. It worked well for me - maybe someone else has better insight?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi There

Apologies if this is going slightly of topic.

I've been given a Force saddle to test out as I'm not happy with the saddle that came with my bike.  The Force saddle is somewhat shorter than the "normal" saddles that come standard on most bikes. 

Maybe a silly question, but how would the fore and aft position be set-up, do I measure from the rear of the old saddle to the handlebar and duplicate that measurement once the Force saddle is fitted due to the Force being shorter, or do I do the normal measurement from the nose of the saddle and duplicate once the Force is fitted?

TYI

use the widest section of the saddle to take your measurements from.

Either measure from there to the grips or hoods or from there drop a plumb line to the chainstay and measure how far behind the centre of the BB the plumbline dissects the chainstay.

the whole point of short nose saddles is to accommodate a more forward saddle position and not fall foul of the UCI ruling on saddle position. Other than that they don't offer anything special

• 2 weeks later...

I have a used ryder force saddle (used for only a few times on my indoor trainer). I bought it new. Asking r250

Tried a Ryder Force saddle for about a month.  For me it is a medieval torture device.

Andrew

Maybe you fitted it on your bike back to front ?

Maybe you fitted it on your bike back to front ?

this is why I still lurk a bit on the hub, pure gold comment, its simply not beyond the realm of impossibility to think that someone might fit a saddle back to front, I mean if they can go to the effort of fitting a front shock backwards, this would be 'way easier'

I think I will go to Avron (see his new website cycle-traders.com) to have a look at one of these saddles, he has them for R280, its cheap, but if I factor into it the amount of biketalk time with Avron it would probably be cheaper to order it online  

SO i've removed my Force from my bike and refitted the Fabric Line. The Force is great on the indoor trainer and seems to work for me in the TT position but it doesn't work for a 3-4 hr road training ride. I seem to favour a more curved saddle for endurance and MTB. 

Was a cost effective experiment though

I think I should try one out. I am very happy with my spez power arc saddle but the normal power saddle were too flat for my anatomy.

I think I should try one out. I am very happy with my spez power arc saddle but the normal power saddle were too flat for my anatomy.

I have one for you - brand new never been used for R250 - inbox me if interested

• 1 year later...

Are any of you guys still using the Ryder Force saddles? I purchased one yesterday and will see how it goes. 

I had a Spez power saddle, Loved it, absolute game changer. Got a new bike, saddle didn't match so I sold my Power saddle, I used a Spez Phenom for about 2 months before I could get a new Power Saddle. then at that time Ryder had just come out with the "same" saddle for a 10th of the price, So I was like oh well the Spez and Ryder saddle look exactly the same, why not try it out. Fitted it early evening before the 2019 DC, went up and down the road and thought, okay this is fine, it will work(Yes Yes I KNOW, NOOB error even though I wasn't a NOOB), Plus I was doing DC with 11 other firemen(I am not a fireman) so they should all be relatively fit... Fast Forward 12hrs later, only 60kms into what would possibly become the longest time in DC recorded history, I had used every profanity you could imagine in languages i had only ever seen people mouth on TV, It was so uncomfortable that everytime someone says DC my arse starts to hurt again. My thoughts, Have a look in the classifieds, There are always good bargains popping up and on a saddle you can spend that little bit extra as to me it's 1 of those things which can make or break your ride and you can always transfer from 1 bike to another.

Are any of you guys still using the Ryder Force saddles? I purchased one yesterday and will see how it goes.

Never again.

To be fair the other popular power saddle also didn’t work and felt exactly the same, like a medieval scrotum torture device (STD....yeah that’s about right )

Selle SMP is where I found peace healing and rejuvenation

SO i've removed my Force from my bike and refitted the Fabric Line. The Force is great on the indoor trainer and seems to work for me in the TT position but it doesn't work for a 3-4 hr road training ride. I seem to favour a more curved saddle for endurance and MTB. 

Was a cost effective experiment though

I just switched to Fabric on both the IDT and on the MTB. Both shallow versions. Seems to be a little unkind to the undercarriage on the MTB but perfect on the IDT. I feel a bit "tainted" 

Angled nose up at 1 degree on the IDT and now 0 degree on the MTB. Time to play some more I guess. 

Big plus though is no longer getting saddle sores.

I just switched to Fabric on both the IDT and on the MTB. Both shallow versions. Seems to be a little unkind to the undercarriage on the MTB but perfect on the IDT. I feel a bit "tainted" 

Angled nose up at 1 degree on the IDT and now 0 degree on the MTB. Time to play some more I guess. 

Big plus though is no longer getting saddle sores.

Remember we're not all built the same. Experiment, experiment and observe. Look at the shapes that are working and those that don't. Comfort doesn't lie in a brand but in you finding a shape and firmness that works with your body