*NEW 12speed Shimano SLX on the way

dewaldsss

But you ride a SS.....................

On my commuter yes, not my MTB.....currently on 11spd GX and am looking at this SLX 12spd option with lots of interest.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Shimano! Please hurry up! No one should be forced to ride SRAM.

I have to agree. You have my vote for president.

Sram is simply agricultural.

you would need to back up that statement please

Hub manufacturers are not lining up to license the design because Shimano isn't offering them licenses.

So you either buy a Shimano hub or a DT Swiss Wheelsest. Other hub makers are seeing this as Shimano  benefiting their preferred licensees (i.e. being anti competitive) and therefore aren't adopting Microspline. Chris King can't get a license so he's thrown his towel in the XD and XD-R ring.

Having SLX 1x12 available isn't going to save Shimano in the MTB market but rather having cheaper hub manufacturers on board to give OEM more wheelset options and therefore competition to keep prices down is where the real game is,

If XTR-12 was XD many people would have opted to go that way.

SRAM has a similar problem in the road market with XD-R but they license it too anyone and with Force now available in AXS and 12s its is going to pop up on many mid range bikes in 2020 model year. Shimano has painted themselves into a corner and they don't appear to be boxing smart

On my commuter yes, not my MTB.....currently on 11spd GX and am looking at this SLX 12spd option with lots of interest.

You won't have to look too long. Probably also on XT, so one could mix and match to their heart's desire.  ;)

Hub manufacturers are not lining up to license the design because Shimano isn't offering them licenses.

So you either buy a Shimano hub or a DT Swiss Wheelsest. Other hub makers are seeing this as Shimano  benefiting their preferred licensees (i.e. being anti competitive) and therefore aren't adopting Microspline. Chris King can't get a license so he's thrown his towel in the XD and XD-R ring.

Having SLX 1x12 available isn't going to save Shimano in the MTB market but rather having cheaper hub manufacturers on board to give OEM more wheelset options and therefore competition to keep prices down is where the real game is,

SRAM has a similar problem in the road market with XD-R but they license it too anyone and with Force now available in AXS and 12s its is going to pop up on many mid range bikes in 2020 model year. Shimano has painted themselves into a corner and they don't appear to be boxing smart

Most brands use DT Swiss internals anyway like Roval, Bontrager, Syncros etc etc. 

Specialized were one of the first to have compatible wheelsets, and the largest. 

Surely riding the range you increase risk of chain break and increased chain wear. 

WTF ... who uses the 50T on a cassette ... woes :P

50T is the new ''dork-disc''   ^_^ 

haha...I love my 50 tooth, don't have to train that much

1 x 10 we trained and suffered

1 x 11 we trained bit less and drank some beer

1 x 12 we trained a lot less and drank much more beer

Most brands use DT Swiss internals anyway like Roval, Bontrager, Syncros etc etc. 

Specialized were one of the first to have compatible wheelsets, and the largest.

On their high end oem wheelsets only. Where SLX is pitched you're locked into their own hubs and that only.

if you drink the beer before the training you won't feel the hills :P

50T is the new ''dork-disc''   ^_^ 

Ha ha you better back that up with a 36T up front LOL

1x20 and no training will be required - the bike will pedal itself!  :whistling:

1x20 and no training will be required - the bike will pedal itself!  :whistling:

like an e-bike  :ph34r:

On their high end oem wheelsets only. Where SLX is pitched you're locked into their own hubs and that only.

Nope, anyone making use of DT swiss internals across the range. Including DT hubs themselves.

Bit of a biechi move by Shimano but product managers have planned ahead already. 

https://off.road.cc/content/buying/complete-guide-who-makes-micro-spline-wheels-hubs-m9100-xtr

Archived