Critérium du Dauphiné 2019

s14phoenix

Hope he heals up soon.

Reading the write ups last night, they were saying that he took his hands off the bars on a down hill section to 'blow' his nose and a gust of wind came up and caused the crash at +/- 60kph.

Is this not the time to say that you should at least have one hand on the handlebars at all times?

This reminds me of the time when helmets were introduced.  It was foreign at first but now everybody is used to it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently the second hospital picked up a hip fracture too

Note to self.. Never blow your nose when you ride a TT bike..actually just stay off a TT bike

Note to all, don't take your hands off the handlebars, certainly not at 60kph!!

No ways I’ll give the wife my social media log in details!

All she needs these days is your cold dead thumb  :ph34r:

Will he? 

Things at 35 don't heal as quickly as they used to. Lets say whole season out, so back to pro racing at 36. Can he afford to 'rebuild' for a year and come back at 37?

Shoe in for a Di Data contract, but realistically, this could be the end of Captain Elbows.

I do hope I'm wrong.

Hope you're wrong too, would be a lousy way to go out.

Between loosing Tom D in the Giro and Froome from the tour feel we're loosing out. 

Will he? 

Things at 35 don't heal as quickly as they used to. Lets say whole season out, so back to pro racing at 36. Can he afford to 'rebuild' for a year and come back at 37?

Shoe in for a Di Data contract, but realistically, this could be the end of Captain Elbows.

I do hope I'm wrong.

We all thought Mr Peak365 would never come back after his crash. How wrong were we, he's now "the best rider in the world".........................

Heavy crash, compound fractures (aka bits sticking out) and still in ICU. Going to be a long road mentally and physically but if anyone can do it then it'd be him. I hope he gets back to a level where he can compete for his 5th with out lingering issues. I remember Greg Lemond coming back to win in '89 after his brother in law decided he was a moose or something and emptied a 12 bore into him (by accident and not on the request of Hinault or Fignon). 

Will he? 

I do hope I'm wrong.

A year ago then you could put money on it. Now I'm hoping that it becomes a fairytale return. 35+ is a tricky age for recovery and GT riders in general.

Ja nee well done to WVA.

And chapeau to the Boss. Judging by the expression on his face in those last few hundred meters, he was pushing.

Edit: Grammar

Edited by Roul

The day that Wout began to be less individualized in his mindset (a paradigm from CX), begin to grasp the dynamics of road racing and then execute the perfect race strategy from the flamme rouge.

Mark this day ????

Edited by 'Dale

It is a real pity that Wout will most likely have to work for Groenewegen during the TdF and therefore not be able to compete for the green jersey. 

I have the same question that the commentator had for Wout after the finish: What kind of rider is he....?

Wins TT convincingly!

Wins a slightly uphill sprint ahead of Alaphillipe and Sam Bennet!

And it is not like this is the SA Road Champs, there are serious riders in this peloton...

Jumbo Visma have suddenly crept up as one of my favourite teams for TDF:

Van Aert

Groenewegen

Tony Martin

Kruiswijk

George Bennet

Some seriously exciting prospects there to light up the stages. Just sad that Roglic couldn't go to the TDF as well.