Epic Evo Comp vs Momsen Vipa Trail vs Spez Camber

Just got a brand new Epic EVO Comp after 19 years on an old Trek hardtail.

The new bike is awesome, but then after 19 years I suppose anything will be. Reason for choosing this bike was the awesome service from both Spez stores in Cape Town/Stellenbosch, and the best investment I have made in years.

I've had both a Camber (comp carbon) and Epic Evo (a test bike for a while)

I LOVED my camber and always preferred it in leaps and bounds to the Epic, but the Evo blew me a way!

So much fun, not all about the "race" like the Epic.

I'd go for whichever of the two is the better deal (spec, price, warranty wise, )

Hi guys,

After contemplating for a good few months I have finally committed to something.  And as probably suspected, its a specialized.  It just seems it is the most popular bike sold and thus more of them secondhand available.  I have heard great stories about Gaint Trance, Vipa Trail, Scott Spark and a few others, but hardly saw some for sale.

I managed to get a Camber S-works, however some of the original S-works components is downgraded, i.e. Alu rims now, and gearing is also one or 2 specs lower, but still good enough(1 x 11).  The rest still the same. Shocks is Fox 32 upfront and Fox at rear with the fancy coating on both. Carbon crank.   Dropper post.   Bike is in really mint condition(2015 model). Bike shop is also fitting new front tyre and doing a set up for me.  Price 38k.  Which is slightly more than what I planned on, but I believe still value for money.  I think the S-Work frame and the shocks is of exceptional quality.  Any new bike in that price range will have lower spec shock and lower spec frame(well, in my opinion and don't you dare to burst my bubble!)

I will have the bike insured, however my 70 kg frame and slightly conservative riding style probably will not brake the frame(more chance of the bike braking me), but one never can be to sure of one's ability and a rock might find it's way to my frame, hence the insurance.

Picking bike up in a few days, so unfortunately no pics.

Thanks again for all the input.

Picked up Camber today from LBS.

Was an absolute treat dealing with Revolution Cycles in C.T. 

Unfortunately it was too cold and rainy to go for a ride, but I am soooo looking forward to experience dual suspension, dropper post, 1x11, 29 inch wheels and carbon frame as it is all new to me.  I also bought a new helmet(old one is probably 6 years old) with ANGI system which could be a lifesaver as I do ride alone a lot of the time.(wasn't too much extra)

Don't expect too many posts for the next week or 10, for obvious reasons:)

post-148571-0-39470200-1564072117_thumb.jpg

Edited by Schoemies

Picked up Camber today from LBS.

Was an absolute treat dealing with Revolution Cycles in C.T. 

Unfortunately it was too cold and rainy to go for a ride, but I am soooo looking forward to experience dual suspension, dropper post, 1x11, 29 inch wheels and carbon frame as it is all new to me.  I also bought a new helmet(old one is probably 6 years old) with ANGI system which could be a lifesaver as I do ride alone a lot of the time.(wasn't too much extra)

Don't expect too many posts for the next week or 10, for obvious reasons:)

Congrats on the new steed. You are sure to have plenty fun on this bike. Spend some time setting up the suspension while the weather is miff, and you will be glad you did once the trails dry up.

Have the same bike...

Honestly don’t think I’ll ever need to upgrade it for something else!

Enjoy her