947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know about an entry somewhere please me know

Post 534 do have an entry up for sale...

What is the process and cost to sub another riders entry?

Take Barcode form of the rider no longer taking part to number collection and collect his/her race pack.

Take Race pack and the previously completed substitution form to Queries and they will do the substitution and seed the new rider according to his/her seeding.

R200

So after 2 weeks of hesitation, I decided at 4 this morning that I'll make the trip to Jozi.

Packed the car and hit the road by 5, collected race number which was quick and now about to check in at accommodation I booked 2 hours ago... talk about last minute !! 

Staying at City lodge fourways so its a nice easy ride down to the start. 

So after 2 weeks of hesitation, I decided at 4 this morning that I'll make the trip to Jozi.

Packed the car and hit the road by 5, collected race number which was quick and now about to check in at accommodation I booked 2 hours ago... talk about last minute !! 

Staying at City lodge fourways so its a nice easy ride down to the start. 

Good decision, it is going to be a lovely day out and a good test of the legs.

Good decision, it is going to be a lovely day out and a good test of the legs.

Yeah i hope so , hoping to beat my best time of 2:59:55 from 2017...

Practical question regarding Sunday morning:

I want to cross the R55(Main Rd) on my way to the race Start, which is closed from 6h00 till 16h00 according to the documentation.

Have you guys found the traffic officials to be over-eager in closing these roads before the indicated time, or do they keep to the advertised closing times?

I plan to be going past there around 5h15, so more than early enough but don't want to have to turn around and take the long way round to the start if they already closed it.

Practical question regarding Sunday morning:

I want to cross the R55(Main Rd) on my way to the race Start, which is closed from 6h00 till 16h00 according to the documentation.

Have you guys found the traffic officials to be over-eager in closing these roads before the indicated time, or do they keep to the advertised closing times?

I plan to be going past there around 5h15, so more than early enough but don't want to have to turn around and take the long way round to the start if they already closed it.

I think its a 50/50 call

You might just find an official on a small power trip and you are stuck

Alternative parking spots for the race? Leaping Frog, Dainfern Square?

Cycle from home to the start? No traffic then!  :whistling:  :devil:

Edited by mecheng89

Cycle from home to the start? No traffic then! :whistling: [emoji317]

That was the plan previous years. First race (ride) in 2.5 years, so not sure it'll work this time around.