Bryton or Lezyne GPS

HMB3

Ok so if you not going for Garmin or Wahoo the next two options is Bryton or Lezyne in the GPS world , what will it be and any problems on the two brands .

Mainly going to use it for navigation and the odd download

Thanks

Bryton works great, but the local support is no more. You can see your graphs, laps and summaries in the app. You can upload via bluetooth and some can do wifi, then it can auto sync to Strava and Training Peaks. I’ve had my 310 for 2 years now and no issues. No idea how Lezyne is doing.

I have a Bryton 530 and it works real good. I did have some uploading problems once and email their customer care. They responded within 3 hours and my problem was fixed.

I would however not buy a new one again. I think if the unit itself give you problems it might be difficult to get it resolved.

As mentioned above, the new Giant unit would be my next choice.

I recently got the Lezyne Macro GPS. Haven't used it for navigation yet, but it has the function.

Had no issues so far - works easily, connects with my hr monitor and can connect to most sensors. 

The battery life is also very good. It is not the prettiest unit and a bit bulky compared to other devices but at the price I got it, it was a no brainer.

I bought the Lezyne Mega GPS bundle. Once you get your head around navigating the buttons and menu I think it works great. It connects seamlessly to its own sensors (speed, cadence and HRM), and I recently connected it to my Power2Max as well without a single issue.

I have a mate with the Garmin 1030, and he was really impressed with the Lezyne in a bang for buck sense.

I have the Lezyne Super GPS - had it for about two and a half years now.  It works flawlessly.  24 hour battery life (I've tested it to 25hrs), route guidance, live tracking, bluetooth auto upload, simple to use and connects to everything every time.  

It's a simple looking unit, and doesn't have the colour touch screen of other units but its functional and has never let me down.  

I'm quite happy with my Lezyne, the Super GPS. Connects to all my sensors, syncs to Strava, great battery life, and wifey is happy with the live tracking. Might get the Super Pro GPS when it becomes available.

Had an issue with another unit for my wife, and the support from Two Wheels Trading was great!

The Wahoo is double the prize of the Giant unit (and probably Lezyne) so not really directly comparable, but has some seriously nice features the others don't have. That being said, the Giant is half the price.

My wife and I have been using the Giant Neostrak since they were launched last year March. Battery life is amazing and it works brilliantly for something that only costs R2K! Super value for money! The only real gripe is the navigation - it sucks - so it all depends what you want to use it for.  

I am using the Bryton 330 and is super happy. Syncs via wifi, boots quick, battery life is great.
Dont have power and dont use routes. Using HR and Cadence. 

Thanks looks like it’s going to be the Mega XL model for me

Bike and Brew in PE has it on special at the moment.

• 1 month later...