2019 Amashova

Wannabe

Who else from Cape Town will be doing the Amashova this year?

It will be my third, with the last one in 2006. This is one of my favorite races to do.

The Wife and I will be making the trip a mini break, airline tickets and hotel accommodation already sorted.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm doing my third one this year. I must agree, its possibly my favourite currently.

Even have my wife entered for the 35km this year, although it seems there isn't transport to the start for them. So going to have to come up with a different plan, or she won't ride.

Never done it. The start and the finish are 90km apart ‍♂

That was my biggest worry before the first time. But the buses from Durban to the start have not failed me yet.

That was my biggest worry before the first time. But the buses from Durban to the start have not failed me yet.

I've used the busses a number of times and always had good experiences with them.  Lately so many of us go that we hire a house near the finish and someone's wife/girlfriend runs the riders to the start.

I'm doing my third one this year. I must agree, its possibly my favourite currently.

Even have my wife entered for the 35km this year, although it seems there isn't transport to the start for them. So going to have to come up with a different plan, or she won't ride.

Where are you guys staying the night before ?

At the Suncoast towers. Its just so convenient, cost be damned.

Airbnb has loads of options very close to the Suncoast Towers.

Hopefully the wind is better than last year yoh!

Yeah, that wind was super ***...

The fact that I got dropped by my group after like 25km didn't help matters much. Luckily I managed to get a small group with a tandem in it for the last 20km.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Will not be making the race this year :(

I've an entry for the 106km up for sale (substitution is possible, verified on the Amashova site) please spread the word if you know anyone

Ta

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

Anyone else having trouble booking for the actual race, and the accommodation via the official websites ?   :cursing: