Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

To be honest I think even new Zealand would have preferred Ireland. Japan in happen is going to be a hard game... But.... We should win.. Yes. We need to drop the box kick though. Starve them of the ball and they can't dictate the pace

Hahaha 

Knock out rugby. We likely to box kick even more now for the "territory" gain  :thumbdown:

Japan are a seriously well coached team. Watched them closely yesterday. I think they are too going to try and expose our rush defense (Like NZ did) specially on the blind side and wing areas. All depends on their execution.

We definelty need to play flouw or kwagga. I think Siya has been average at best since his return. We need to slow their ball down. 

I think this game is going to be a lot closer than expected.

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What confused me w.r.t. the pool results is how little you can rely on recent form to make a call on which way a match will go.

The Argentines were pathetic whereas the Jaguares were quite impressive in the Super Rugby

The Japanese are playing out of their skins compared to the dismal season the Sunwolves had in the same tournament.

amount of argentinean players who played superugby for jaguares - ALL of them!

amount of japanese players who played superrugby for sunwolves - none of them!

(that's not strictly true, but the sunwolves team is essentially mercenaries, and the jap 1st team okes get a run there now and then)

(that's not strictly true, but the sunwolves team is essentially mercenaries, and the jap 1st team okes get a run there now and then)

I thought that as well but quick google search most of the 1st team is part of the sunwolves setup, Don't know them well enough to how many got regular game time though

amount of argentinean players who played superugby for jaguares - ALL of them!

Not necessarily.. Go watch squidges analysis of the Japan team leaving to to the world cup. As director of rugby, Jamie Joseph has a say in things and strategically placed key players for the Japan team into the sunwolves team for select matches. But not regular spot that they got tired or injured.. Just enough for experience. It's a great video to watch

https://youtu.be/KoIL2G5p-Yg

Let the mind games and BS begin

TOKYO - Japan's progress to the World Cup quarter-finals has not only enthralled the host nation but it has also made the heavyweights of the rugby world, including defending champions New Zealand, sit up and take notice.

Impressed by Sunday's 28-21 victory over Scotland at a raucous Yokohama Stadium, which propelled Japan to their highest world ranking of seventh, All Blacks coach Steve Hansen was glad not to be facing the hosts next.

"People have said, 'Who do you want to play?'" Hansen said.

"Well, they're the in-form team, I'm quite happy they're on the other side of the draw.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/rugby/international/nzs-hansen-glad-japan-is-on-the-other-side-of-the-draw-34904415

Let the mind games and BS begin

TOKYO - Japan's progress to the World Cup quarter-finals has not only enthralled the host nation but it has also made the heavyweights of the rugby world, including defending champions New Zealand, sit up and take notice.

Impressed by Sunday's 28-21 victory over Scotland at a raucous Yokohama Stadium, which propelled Japan to their highest world ranking of seventh, All Blacks coach Steve Hansen was glad not to be facing the hosts next.

"People have said, 'Who do you want to play?'" Hansen said.

"Well, they're the in-form team, I'm quite happy they're on the other side of the draw.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/rugby/international/nzs-hansen-glad-japan-is-on-the-other-side-of-the-draw-34904415

sure......

post-1830-0-75329800-1571067007_thumb.png

rassie will take it anyday of the week.

Weekend of full on rugby....whoop whoop ...and football and all sorts of other sports...whoop whooop 

Weekend plans set

Saturday: Parkrun ->Rugby->Rugby-> Braai

Sunday: Early Church service->Rugby->Braai->Rugby->Middagslapie

What's not to love.

Weekend plans set

What's not to love.

Let’s hope Sunday afternoon does not turn out to be a wake for the bokkies

Weekend plans set

What's not to love.

the answer is a bit obvious, or is this a rhetorical question?

Watching England/Australia in our local bar! Really waiting for tomorrow's game though......

Watching England/Australia in our local bar! Really waiting for tomorrow's game though......

Will be watching that one too from a rugby club in a town my mate lives in. Going to be a cracker.

I was considering goin down to the local for a pint or 3 but it would just get messy and ruin my day.