Rugby World Cup 2019

Eddy Gordo

For the stats geeks

Bokkies have won all their own line-outs thus far

68/68 or something ✔️

Except for NZ its expected, would like to know that stats on how many they stole from NZ if any. 

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the stats geeks

Bokkies have won all their own line-outs thus far

68/68 or something ✔️

Bryce Lawrence would have even given a red card for that.....

Can someone please explain the inappropriateness of this?

Surely he wouldn't have been selected for the Springboks game, so the fact that he had a drink with some Welsh people is moot, because it is the same game that he would be ineligible for.

The ethos of being a referee is to demonstrate impartiality at all times, particularly in the public eye. 

It's a professional standard for a professional sport.

The ethos of being a referee is to demonstrate impartiality at all times, particularly in the public eye. 

Certain refs should demonstrate impartiality during the 90 minutes to start with... 

wish i knew what they were saying - that was awesome

Go and stay in Calvinia or Springbok for a year and you will be an expert in th local vernacular.  :thumbup:

I get that sentiment.

But I am more inclined to this:

''The day a referee can not enjoy a beer and a joke with either the players or fans is the day rugby has lost its way."

post-27827-0-19743700-1571814147_thumb.jpg

I get that sentiment.

''The day a referee can not enjoy a beer and a joke with either the players or fans is the day rugby has lost its way."

Remember rugby at his level is not just a “game”.

We would all be up in arms if we saw the public protector having a drink with a politician.

look, it was a poor decision by the ref ,but in the greater scheme of things he did a good job and cannot be accused of favouring Wales.

Every ref in the world would of sent that guy off. He was the transgressor here not the ref.

I am sure the ref did not know those guys and it was just a laugh over a pint.

Neither France (def not France) nor Wales will win the WC anyway.

I suspect something along the lines of the following to be released before the weekend:

" I, awesome-ref-Jaco-Peyper, would like to apologise for the insensitive photo that was posted online without my consent. It was not my intent to offend anyone. I hereby accept the sanction of a 2 week ban that World rugby has placed on me and will in future be more vigilant when conducting myself in the public space. Go Bokke!"

Can some snowflake please explain to me what was offensive about the photo?

I don't see the actual problem and world rugby are just pandering to social media- a labour lawyer would tear them to pieces in this one. If Mr bean has a bad game then I am pretty sure he will get the Wales v England match next Friday :-)

Edited by Shebeen

Can some snowflake please explain to me what was offensive about the photo?

I don't see the actual problem and world rugby are just pandering to social media- a labour lawyer would tear them to pieces in this one. If Mr bean has a bad game then I am pretty sure he will get the Wales v England match next Friday :-)

This :thumbup:

I get that sentiment.

It's not sentiment, like a feeling.

It is in the code of best practices, if not rules, for a referee in the professional era.