2019 UCI Road World Championships - Yorkshire

Vetplant

That moment when you've totally run out of reasons to justify another bad luck day on the bike! After great preparation, plenty of recons and a week of producing some of my best numbers this year in training ... problem after problem during my TT today at Worlds totally killed my legs, broke my rhythm and messed with my head. When I finally did a bike change halfway through the course, it was game over for me.

I'm certainly learning to roll with the punches this year ... thanks for all the support out there today. Onwards to the road race on Saturday!

I listened her post-ride chat to Richard Moore on The Cycling Podcast on the way home today. In tears when she was talking about the bad luck.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he not riding U23 tomorrow? Surely he is not ready for the Big Boy's race and would the rest of the team support him.

The trends and norms in professional cycling are changing, Bru

Remco won San Sebastian with panache and just podiumed on one helluva testy TT course

Chloé won Women's ITT at age 22

Bernal won TdF age 22

Poh-Gah-Char podiums at Vuelta age 21, almost 22

Interesting times 

The UCI announced today that it will launch the first Esports World Championships in 2020, partnering with Zwift to bring top-level competition in the virtual racing realm....

The UCI and Zwift "will collaborate to ensure the sporting credibility of cycling esports events", making sure the racing systems are "reliable enough to be used in events sanctioned by the UCI". Top of the list of requirements is a system to validate a rider's performance and deter technological fraud, including a way to identify riders and their height and weight.

Cyclingnews, 2 hrs ago

The trends and norms in professional cycling are changing, Bru

Remco won San Sebastian with panache and just podiumed on one helluva testy TT course

Chloé won Women's ITT at age 22

Bernal won TdF age 22

Poh-Gah-Char podiums at Vuelta age 21, almost 22

Interesting times

You left out the MvdP!

I see Iserbyt is picking up where the MvdP left off at 'cross.

Younger generation indeed!

Did someone mention that Trek signed Simmons?

You left out the MvdP!

I see Iserbyt is picking up where the MvdP left off at 'cross.

Younger generation indeed!

Did someone mention that Trek signed Simmons?

And Wouter van Aarde ????

...drama at the u23s, winner DQed for drafting behind the team car after a crash mid race.

SA rider came in 83d, 13min down.

Edited by Christie

...drama at the u23s, winner DQed for drafting behind the team car after a crash mid race.

SA rider came in 83d, 13min down.

The UCI faces more controversy and confrontation with the way that was handled.

#socklength  :nuke:

Edited by 'Dale

"I crashed, got a dislocated shoulder, put it back, but also had a mechanical so it took longer... Then I got back on, the car brought me back to the caravan, and at that moment I rode myself towards the peloton... At the moment I crashed, it was still 125km to go. The race was still to be ridden. In my opinion, I fought for it. It should be possible after a crash that you can be brought back to the caravan. I had no idea I was taking a risk."

Eekhoff

Congrats to DD on there U/23 World Champion

Samuele Battistela will be in the NTT- WT team next year

He is no world champion.