2020 Tour de France

pista

Personally I would have loved to see Gee go all out for some monuments. I've always thought he has a Roubaix cobble with this name on. This year with the crazy calendar could be the perfect way of coming out of a GC and challenge for a classic. I get he has some GC itch that still needs scratching so I doubt that will happen. After the general thoughts that everyone was going to the Tour, recent events are looking like the Giro will have a good field as well. What a few months of racing ahead!

I see Yates-S had resigned with Greenedge despite the furious rumour mill. Wonder if Yates-A is really headed to Ineos with Porte? Just when you thought you couldn't stack a team any more.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me if Bernal doesn't even make podium at the Tour this year. Barring crashes or mishaps, I reckon Roglic and TommyD have 2 of the 3 spots almost secured, and looking at the Dauphine, I don't think Bernal is an obvious choice for the other spot. 

I think what helped Carapaz get the upper hand over G as a GC backup is the lack of ITT stages this year. There's only 1 time trial, and it ends up La Planche Des Belles Filles, so he's less likely to hemorrhage time. Giro has 3 time trials, so I don't think he has much hope in defending his title there, so it makes sense to let G have a crack at it. 

Edited by Mountain Bru

I see no Meintjies for NTT at the TDF this year....

Looks like a stage win hunting party. 

Eurosport commentator just mentioned that NTT were the only world tour team without a win in 2020.

If that s true  :mellow:

Personally I would have loved to see Gee go all out for some monuments. I've always thought he has a Roubaix cobble with this name on. This year with the crazy calendar could be the perfect way of coming out of a GC and challenge for a classic. I get he has some GC itch that still needs scratching so I doubt that will happen. After the general thoughts that everyone was going to the Tour, recent events are looking like the Giro will have a good field as well. What a few months of racing ahead!

I see Yates-S had resigned with Greenedge despite the furious rumour mill. Wonder if Yates-A is really headed to Ineos with Porte? Just when you thought you couldn't stack a team any more.

Heard a rumour that Porte is talking to Israel...re-unite with Froome for a last crack at TdF next year (for Froome that is)

Could be complete hogwash though

Edited by Ossie NL

CCC team are the only ones without a win so far this season

Eurosport commentator just mentioned that NTT were the only world tour team without a win in 2020.

If that s true :mellow:

CCC team are the only ones without a win so far this season

If that s true :mellow:

CCC men’s team is folding after this season. They continue with ladies team as far as I know

Heard a rumour that Porte is talking to Israel...re-unite with Froome for a last crack at TdF next year (for Froome that is)

Could be complete hogwash though

Froome signed for 2 years so I doubt nex t year will be his last crack at #5. Might be his last realistic crack at it though.

Richie is rumored all over the place; INEOS, ISN and even Movistar!

I heard (podcast) or read somewhere that GT said he is doing the Classics after the Tour. This might change as he isn’t doing the Tour, but rather the Giro.

Edit: below is a video of GT saying he won’t be doing the Tour, but the Giro instead.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEEYIZbD81T/?igshid=a568kk429qeo

Edited by Frosty

Meanwhile, the gogga is picking up speed in France.

These are unprecedented times for professional sport.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-20-at-12.22.18-pm.jp

Source: Worldometer.info

Edited by 'Dale

No no no no no!

:eek:

Saw this now, the 1 consideration that is a serious issue to the Tour is that the French will shut it all down in a heart beat. 

I would say if cases continue there is a 50/50 chance.