2020 Tour de France

pista

Well that was interesting.

Nairo actually does have form.

Julian couldn't find the right gear. I doubt his holding that yellow to the rest day. 

Teddy looking awesome and confirming 2nd in Slovenian TT champs behind Roger wasn't a fluke, serious amperage there.

whats Roger hiding under that bandage huh??

Wow Wout,....Matthieu must be tearing the wallpaper down committing the Alpecin Fenix for so long

And Richie "where's he from again Phil?" Porte still has a few more stages to survive before I add him to my fantasy team

My Wout, MvdP fascination started watching 'cross a few years ago, and I choose Matthieu as my hero.

Was confirmed in 2019 with the way he played wit Nino and the World Tour guys.  Did feel for Wout after his accident though.

Roll on 2020 and it's all Wout!!!  Must say I am hugely impressed with him.

Now I support both riders.  The 'Crossers vs the Roadies.  I see Pidcock is leading the baby Giro!!

Edited by Underachiever

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The GCN thing looks compelling, and can cast to AppleTV or Chromecast... neither of which I have... bugger. Would still need a VPN to bypass the geoblocking.

No adds as well.

I not keen on the VPN thing but if GCN does become available here in SA I will definitely be a subscriber in a heartbeat. The Eurosport team is just that good!

Yates had the same game plan 2 years ago at the Giro - and her cracked in week 3.

Different rider, different tour, but I hope he does not burn all his matches too soon!!

the difference between the two is Yates went on long attacks... Whereas Roglic is just out sprinting them..

My Wout, MvdP fascination started watching 'cross a few years ago, and I choose Matthieu as my hero.

Was confirmed in 2019 with the way he played wit Nino and the World Tour guys.  Did feel for Wout after his accident though.

Roll on 2020 and it all Wout!!!  Must say I am hugely impressed with him.

Now I support both riders.  The 'Crossers vs the Roadies.  I see Pidcock is leading the baby Giro!!

It seems to me that currently there are a few guys at the top that have a background that is not road cycling.

Remco-Was it soccer?

Wout-CX

MvDP-CX

Pidcock-CX

Primoz-Ski jump

Sagan-MTB

Valverde-Doping

There are a few others as well that come from CX and MTB.

It seems to me that currently there are a few guys at the top that have a background that is not road cycling.

Remco-Was it soccer?

Wout-CX

MvDP-CX

Pidcock-CX

Primoz-Ski jump

Sagan-MTB

Valverde-Doping

Technically Sagan's first love as a youngster was downhill..but his dad put an end to it. So he then focused more on XCO, CX and cross country skiing..

PS that Valverde bit made me laugh lol

Valverde-.Doping

looooooooooooooooooooool - this killed me 

Edited by Opc_danny

Oh and George Bennett played a bit of rugby as a kid... being a kiwi and all.

Think most in the peloton played a lot of other sport before finding their happy place in cycling

Technically Sagan's first love as a youngster was downhill..but his dad put an end to it. So he then focused more on XCO, CX and cross country skiing..

PS that Valverde bit made me laugh lol

Aren't we lucky? He is much suited to a RR champ. Not that a champ in another discipline is less of an achievement, I just feel the RR champ can make a bigger change in the sport like Sagan has.

Yeah not a fan of Valverde at all so take a dig at him when ever I can.

Remco-Was it soccer?

Wout-CX

MvDP-CX

Pidcock-CX

Primoz-Ski jump

Sagan-MTB

Valverde-Doping

Bernal- Mountainbiking

Bouhani- Boxing

Woods- Athletics ( only person who ran a sub 4 mile and completed the TdF)

Guillaime Martin- Writer 

Brad Wiggins- Modster  ( as in Paul Weller) 

coverage at 13:00

I'm feeling the stage today.

After close study of the finish (read ..what my brother told me) ... come on Sags baby

Edited by Gen

Teamwork and protecting the sprinter hopefuls will be very important on this pleasantly warm day as there promises to be wind in the Rhone valley. There's a few small kickers after the flamme rough and likely side-headwinds that can mess with the rhythm of the pace trains.

The fans will hope for echelons; the professionals will hope for a safe, relatively straightforward final hour.

C'mon, Sagz Baby.

Drink some Fanta, and let's add a victory to the green points bag.

Pic by Jared Gruber

2020-tour-de-france-stage3-grubers-1-128

Edited by 'Dale