Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

I love an ambush win from 1.5km out, ala Steve Cummings...

Sunweb to repeat some TDF heroics?

Sunweb all about keeping Keldermam safe?. Edited by Gen

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunweb all about keeping Keldermam safe?.

As someone who has been a fan of Wilco for years, I really hope this is his time to shine. Don't think he will get a better opportunity than this Giro for a GT GC win. 

The run in to the finish is apparently very technical with the last bend apparently 500m from the end.

Going to be frantic conclusion to the stage with allot of turns from 6km until the 3km-to-go, which GC teams will be targeting to keep their contenders at the front.

Every sharp turn will be an opportunity for a couple of riders to ride off the front.

Last chance for a late attack will be at the roundabout, 2.5km from the finish or very soon thereafter. Sprint teams will be gunning it to be first at the back-to-back left handers at 500m-to-go. 

post-27827-0-44034400-1602660722_thumb.jpg

I love an ambush win from 1.5km out, ala Steve Cummings...

Sunweb to repeat some TDF heroics?

Best ambush win for me was Lucas Postelburger in Stage 1 of the Giro a few years back. He was meant to be leading Bennet out but decided to rather do the job himself, solo. 

EDIT: it was 2017

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Best ambush win for me was Lucas Postelburger in Stage 1 of the Giro a few years back. He was meant to be leading Bennet out but decided to rather do the job himself, solo.

EDIT: it was 2017

That's was insane and crazy and awesome..the run in was also bendy with narrow roads..perfect for an ambush

As someone who has been a fan of Wilco for years, I really hope this is his time to shine. Don't think he will get a better opportunity than this Giro for a GT GC win.

Yep and I am pretty sure he is off to Bora next season.

And as expected UAE, Cofidos and FDJ each have a rider at the front of the peloton controlling things.

If the last few attempts by those teams are anything to go by, it won't go very well. One of the better teams will have to take over.

The break don't have a very big lead.... 2'56" with 138km to go I dont see it going out much more.. the fast guys want to contest this finish and won't leave anything to chance

Edited by Gen

If the last few attempts by those teams are anything to go by, it won't go very well. One of the better teams will have to take over.

Lol well it won't be Bora..not today.

They deserve the rest, they have earned it. No team has worked harder for stage wins/win and animating the TDF and Giro than Bora.

With the stage win now Bora will put all focus on working for their GC guys.. if opportunity arises for Sagan to maybe nab another stage I think he will go about it solo..surfing wheels and perhaps Bodnar giving him a hand.

I am still amazed at how the stars aligned yesterday for Sagan.

Having the world TT champion in the break with you to stay away from a chasing FDJ was exactly what Sagan could have hoped for, along with a bunch of breakaway riders who committed to staying away.

No matter how good you are or how good your team, you sometimes need the dice to fall in your favour to have a chance.

I am still amazed at how the stars aligned yesterday for Sagan.

Having the world TT champion in the break with you to stay away from a chasing FDJ was exactly what Sagan could have hoped for, along with a bunch of breakaway riders who committed to staying away.

No matter how good you are or how good your team, you sometimes need the dice to fall in your favour to have a chance.

When one should Google the phrase "suitcase of courage" what should be the top search result is the highlights of yesterday's stage.