Giro d'Italia 2020

Gen

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Campanaerts is back with the lead group. Thankfully. Watching it now, I see his problem. He goes up these hills like a lead balloon.

By that I mean he goes uphill like Zakarin goes downhill.

I think the reason he can't climb well is because of those stupid handle bars..........

I think the reason he can't climb well is because of those stupid handle bars..........

Far too many NTTers using those flaired jobbies.

I think they are pulling sponsorship on style grounds more than results.

Looking at what's left of the "peleton", I sure hope Pozzovivo can do something. NTT have detonated this race today.

NTT are riding a great race...Trek and Nibali are keeping quiet...

Looking at what's left of the "peleton", I sure hope Pozzovivo can do something. NTT have detonated this race today.

So what happened.Too busy today to follow

You missed a great win by Narvaez who solo'd to victory in the rain after his last breakaway partner punctured. It did not take anything away from his magnificent ride though.

In the group behind, Team NTT tried hard but despite a great effort by Victor Complaintnaerts they were unable to shred any of Pozzovivo's main contenders for overall podium.

No surprise that this thread was a bit quiet during the stage today as Sagan did not feature :) 

You missed a great win by Narvaez who solo'd to victory in the rain after his last breakaway partner punctured. It did not take anything away from his magnificent ride though.

In the group behind, Team NTT tried hard but despite a great effort by Victor Complaintnaerts they were unable to shred any of Pozzovivo's main contenders for overall podium.

No surprise that this thread was a bit quiet during the stage today as Sagan did not feature :)

Lol... I must confess I was busy today.. you know 1 sleepie and all had to make sure the bar fridge is stocked full of favourites and then I had a well deserved afternoon nap[emoji1787][emoji1787] Edited by Gen

Team Trek looked pretty broken and the pink jersey continues to surprise and impress me.

A day early, but there is seemingly talk of needing a double Bike change on the TT tomorrow:

"The route (34.1 km) is demanding, and features one categorised climb after just some 7 km, with gradients topping out at 19% (Muro di Ca’ del Poggio)"

https://veloviewer.com/segments/12710845

1.1km @12% Ave

I'd say start on the climbing road bike with clip-on bars and just do one change at the top..? 7kms of flat is maybe short enough that the time loss on a bad bike change is worse than the aero advantage of a TT machine.

post-27827-0-79101700-1602825056_thumb.png

post-27827-0-85645600-1602825065_thumb.png

post-27827-0-66245500-1602825239_thumb.png

NTT tried to do a Grenades for Pozzovivo, but ended up doing a Bahrain or Movistar, cause Pozzo lacked the punch to finish off the hard work.

The organisers will have to do something. Vaughters' bunch of snowflake hipster doofuses are for sure gonna quit en masse, and a few other teams will follow them. That will dilute the result if the go to Milan.

NTT tried to do a Grenades for Pozzovivo, but ended up doing a Bahrain or Movistar, cause Pozzo lacked the punch to finish off the hard work.

:thumbdown:

The organisers will have to do something. Vaughters' bunch of snowflake hipster doofuses are for sure gonna quit en masse, and a few other teams will follow them. That will dilute the result if the go to Milan.

Apparently Vaughters has made his name pep stores a bit and has back tracked a touch; not to mention irritated the Italians [emoji1]

He is apparently not at the race himself and wrote that letter after hearing certain rumours that have since been rubbished.

Anyhoo, we shall see.

Sagan for Pink, pappie.