Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

I must log-in every time on my Appel smartie phone

It's updated en alles.

Help!

same. i don't even bother anymore.

as mentioned above....also get random logouts between main screen and forums on computer. 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came here to ask one more time if you can have a Road Category in the Classifieds ...just road stuff...all the road stuff..wheels..gruppos..bikes...frames...etc..when browsing ..its a schlep to go from one category to another...and NO ..I dont want to view all categories together.. I've NO interest in MTB..etc..if not for whatever reason..then I'll call it a day ..I can take only so much of expats posting k@k about a country they have left..

Any chance this happe ing soon...

Still dont understand why there is a seperate log in for the forum and the adverts thing. 

On the old site, everything was operating using the forum software. It is not ideal for this purpose. And in order to update the forum software (which hasn't been done since 2015), we'd have to rebuild every part of the site to work with the updated forum software.

So instead, we decided to start each section from scratch on its own purpose built platform. We started with the Classifieds, as the most popular and complex part of the site. We're currently working on Events, and then Stolen Bikes. After that, we're free to update the forum software.

While all of this is happening we are running a number of parallel systems, login being one of them.

Any chance this happe ing soon...

It's not in our immediate plans. We've got to push a bunch of new updates to the rest of the site before we jump back into restructuring any classifieds categories. It is on our feedback list.

seems mine happens every time i switch devices... still same story this morning!?

slightly annoying 

nothings changed 

so any plan to resolve the login issue? 

so any plan to resolve the login issue? 

Yeah, we're still trying to figure it out. We're a bit stumped actually.

Still the device switching triggering it for you?

Still every device swap does it for me now. Once I open the site on a new device I am logged out, with a small message saying successfully logged out, then I log back in and can go from there. Minor annoyance, but not the end of the world

Still every device swap does it for me now. Once I open the site on a new device I am logged out, with a small message saying successfully logged out, then I log back in and can go from there. Minor annoyance, but not the end of the world

Glad you're taking it in your stride. That'd drive me bananas. 

Thanks for the report. Definitely something we need to fix.

Just to also say, zoom don't work on IPAD on classified either, which is really PIA when you try to buy a bike and no details on the advert and need to zoom in to see frame size /make etc

Me too

Just to also say, zoom don't work on IPAD on classified either, which is really PIA when you try to buy a bike and no details on the advert and need to zoom in to see frame size /make etc

I agree ... an advertiser with poor info on their add is a real PIA .... so bring back the comments to the classifieds I say :)

Are you having problems opening and viewing the large format image or zooming the large image once it is loaded?

I agree ... an advertiser with poor info on their add is a real PIA .... so bring back the comments to the classifieds I say :)

Why not just message them for the details?

yep from mobile to PC and vice versa

Are you having problems opening and viewing the large format image or zooming the large image once it is loaded?

images was just blank on zoom click yesterday.   I tried it now and it loads eventually, its just very slow it seems.   Will check more detail when back at pc

also on mobile view, header is all overlapping

post-28252-0-39647700-1582634484_thumb.jpeg

images was just blank on zoom click yesterday.   I tried it now and it loads eventually, its just very slow it seems.   Will check more detail when back at pc

also on mobile view, header is all overlapping

attachicon.gif2F5D3546-A918-4F09-8EE7-A62CD97B7BE1.jpeg

One thing we've done is reduce the file size of the large image format. This should help speed things up a bit. That said, we do need to work on that feature to make it work more seamlessly across all devices.

The mobile view, what device are you using? I'll get the team take a look at that.