Site Update: What's New & Feedback

Matt

What does the tick mark in the top right of the panel indicate/do on a mobile (cell)??

Edited by robbybzgo

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're looking at making SHIFT + ENTER create a new line? Is this common usage? It's how WhatsApp Web and some other chat products work on desktop.

Can we get back the feature that indicates msg has been read?

In the user menu, click your avatar in the top right. Is that what you're looking for?

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2019-12-14 at 07.08.44.png

Can this be set so that when you click on a post in "My Content" it takes you to the individual's post rather than page 1 of what might be a 1000 post thread! Don't have time to search through it for the specific post...

Also if someone likes a post, clicking on the notification currently takes you to page 1 of the thread as above. I'm getting old and can't necessarily remember which post it is that you like...

And if you're Hairy, how will you possibly know which of the 24 000 posts are being referred to...?

Edited by montyzuma

Can this be set so that when you click on a post in "My Content" it takes you to the individual's post rather than page 1 of what might be a 1000 post thread! Don't have time to search through it for the specific post...

Also if someone likes a post, clicking on the notification currently takes you to page 1 of the thread as above. I'm getting old and can't necessarily remember which post it is that you like...

And if you're Hairy, how will you possibly know which of the 24 000 posts are being referred to...?

Click on the part "post you made" and it will take you to that liked post.

How do you send more than one line with the new chat feature????  I type something, hit return to go to the next line only to find the message sent!!!  Tried shift/return and get the same thing!!  What is the point of having the little paper plane next to the chat if it is not needed as all messages are sent anyway as soon as you hit return??  Chat sucks... PM is much better and easier to navigate!!

How do you send more than one line with the new chat feature????  I type something, hit return to go to the next line only to find the message sent!!!  Tried shift/return and get the same thing!!  What is the point of having the little paper plane next to the chat if it is not needed as all messages are sent anyway as soon as you hit return??  Chat sucks... PM is much better and easier to navigate!!

We've got an update in the pipeline to address the new line issue, agree it is annoying as-is!

Is there anything else you're struggling with on Chat?

We've got an update in the pipeline to address the new line issue, agree it is annoying as-is!

Is there anything else you're struggling with on Chat?

Only as i highlighted previously a while ago in that you get an email notification of a chat message but not what the message says in the email.  I have to log in to read it and is not always convenient when on my phone.  If I know what the message says in the email then i can decide if it is urgent or not.

Only as i highlighted previously a while ago in that you get an email notification of a chat message but not what the message says in the email.  I have to log in to read it and is not always convenient when on my phone.  If I know what the message says in the email then i can decide if it is urgent or not.

Thanks for the feedback, we've got both issues on the to-do list. Will push to have these resolved this week.

Thanks for the feedback, we've got both issues on the to-do list. Will push to have these resolved this week.

Thanks!!

Most chats are in response to classifieds, If the chat message is in the email then I can see if it is urgent.  i.e an issue with something have sold.  Majority of messages are generally "is this still available" so it is not urgent and would be nice to see the message with regard to this...... but i don't know this as have to log in to read it.

What does the tick mark in the top right of the panel indicate/do on a mobile (cell)??

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 08.27.33.png

This one?

It's the equivalent to the "Like this" button on desktop. It's been that way for many years now and not the most intuitive, but with a forum software update due in the early part of 2020 there will be more consistency between the desktop and mobile versions of the forum section.

has been mentioned a few times but is there intention to bring the comment section back on individual adds in classifieds? 

so no...

has been mentioned a few times but is there intention to bring the comment section back on individual adds in classifieds?

so no...

No, not at this stage. 

For the purposes of protecting the community from potential scams or bad deals we'd rather users report the suspicious content for review/removal.

While comments were helpful in this area, the best solution is to remove the content and ban the user. Very often we found numerous comments on a dodgy ad but had no reports and as a result a problematic ad was live for hours or even days before we were alerted to it.

We will explore an idea to empower a limited group of users aka "classifieds moderators" to flag an advert for review. The thinking would be to allow such users to temporarily remove an advert from listings pending review by our team in certain circumstances. But, we need to fine tune the thinking and execution of this.