Dwayne Lackay-Basson - Scammer

ACE Cycles

Obviously I'm not intending to do it, sheesh

Don’t stress about this nonsense, people usually misdirect their anger at easy targets rather than the appropriate people.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Random suggestion: Shall we all pitch in and buy something from the guy with the sole intent to catch him in the act? Someone like Patch, with all his contacts can be the designated victim...?

Probably counts as entrapment and the court of law won’t find him guilty under such circumstances.

Hi I was scammed guys name us duwayne lackay .paid for the watch in advance now hes blocked me .be carefully of him.apparently a med student in somerset west .his no is +27 63 209 8592

Edited by Nick
Merged.

I have posted this on a few of his pics:

“Hey you lying POS. We know who you are. Your time of conning people has run out.”

I grew up in Somerset West ( and we know the station commander well), if somebody presses charges, I will make sure they get taken seriously.

DM me

Hi please if we can locate this bastard .he will keep scamming people .

He has been located, some Hubbers have even been to his house, they got their money back and left it at that.

Edited by Patchelicious

Please can you send me his address and all contact numbers of his parents freinds etc so I can pay him a visit. Thanks

Please can you send me his address and all contact numbers of his parents freinds etc so I can pay him a visit. Thanks

Could Bike Hub be more pro-active in the Classified arena? I buy very little online so may well be talking from the wrong end but, I understand that other 2nd hand goods websites have a system where the money is paid in to a holding account and released when delivery has been approved by the buyer. I freely admit that I know very little about this but it is a very big issue when dealing with people you have never met and who live at the opposite end of the country. Personally, there is a frame on the classified section at the moment that I want very very badly at a price that is pretty much too good to be true from someone in Jo`burg (I`m in CT) so I don`t want to take the chance. the guy is probably 100% honest but R30k is a big risk, if there was a holding account then the scammers would have no way of scamming us and we could all do business in the right way. I would be prepared to pay a small premium to Bike Hub from the purchase price to pay for the admin. any views on this?

Could Bike Hub be more pro-active in the Classified arena? I buy very little online so may well be talking from the wrong end but, I understand that other 2nd hand goods websites have a system where the money is paid in to a holding account and released when delivery has been approved by the buyer. I freely admit that I know very little about this but it is a very big issue when dealing with people you have never met and who live at the opposite end of the country. Personally, there is a frame on the classified section at the moment that I want very very badly at a price that is pretty much too good to be true from someone in Jo`burg (I`m in CT) so I don`t want to take the chance. the guy is probably 100% honest but R30k is a big risk, if there was a holding account then the scammers would have no way of scamming us and we could all do business in the right way. I would be prepared to pay a small premium to Bike Hub from the purchase price to pay for the admin. any views on this?

I personally think that would be another admin/responsibility headache the site owner would rather not have...?

What site has a holding account for monies then? I've only ever bought from the Hub without seeing goods and then only to a small value of R2k tops. I would think twice about dropping R30k on something you haven't seen or touched! You know what they say when something is too good to be true.....

If you cant deal face to face and/or pay cash....don't. It is literally that simple. Unless you have dealt with them before, you need to treat anyone you meet on the interwebs like a leper with aids.