Vuelta a España 2020

Vetplant

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am kinda disappointed that the green jersey winner didn't win the final sprint into Madrid.

Over the 3 tours, the points jersey went from almost more exciting than the GC race in TDF, to average exciting at Giro, to ...well... basically the GC list without any excitement at Vuelta.

Over the 3 tours, the points jersey went from almost more exciting than the GC race in TDF, to average exciting at Giro, to ...well... basically the GC list without any excitement at Vuelta.

The points jersey works so much different at the Vuelta than the other 2 GTs

The points jersey works so much different at the Vuelta than the other 2 GTs

Do you think its time for a change?

Make intermediate sprints worthwhile, and change the allocation at the different finishes?

Points are awarded according to placement at the finish line and at intermediate points of every stage and the rider with the most points wears the jersey.

Stage finish 25-20-16-14-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Intermediate sprint 4-3-2

This system unlike the Tour de France & the Giro d'Italia, gives an equal number of points in the mountains compared to the flats, this paired with the high number of summit finishes at the Vuelta means there is a correlation between the overall classification and the points jersey. A good example from 2012 when sprinter John Degenkolb won five stages but only finished fourth in the points competition with Alejandro Valverde well ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

Cool insider views

Also nice background music, does anyone know who the musician is?

(At the risk of stating the obvious) The music is always listed in the details space just under who's video it is and the title. Click 'show more'.

Song Always With Me
Artist Wolf Saga
Album My Time

Very cool video. I'm always surprised at how much traffic they have to deal with and even more so with how close it is!