Help I'm stuck in the sticks with a wobbly BB.

Matuka

I have a GT Karokum, nothing fancy but im in dullstroom and wanting to do some rides. There is no bike shop open (that I'm aware of). Using bush mechanics I've managed to removed the crank arm (I wont explain how it wasnt pretty) but now I'm stuck with the shim (I think thats what its called). Its the multi toothed inner ring that I need to unscrew to get the BB out. Now obviously I dont have a tool for this so does anyone have an idea of how to remove this without the tool. Pic attached below. Thanks in advance!

post-99310-0-34870500-1577353993_thumb.jpg

You are kind of stuck without that tool. You could use a screwdriver/something flat and a hammer/rock and try and tap the inner ring of the bearing around if you want to take a chance....drive side is counter clockwise I think...

Maybe try to tap it loose with a flat screw driver and a hammer.Just keep in mind that you have to loosten in a certain direction. Good luck.

And if you come right however so. Please post.

Will help others in a zama zama situation.

Edited by Vetseun

You are kind of stuck without that tool. You could use a screwdriver/something flat and a hammer/rock and try and tap the inner ring of the bearing around if you want to take a chance....drive side is counter clockwise I think...

jinx

Thanks guys thats what I'm going to try. Also thanks for the direction advice I may have been trying clockwise  :whistling:

Large flat screwdriver and hammer. Tap it firmly don't moer it. Make sure of direction. Once it gets going it should come off easily.

You are aware its a sealed bearing unit so there is nothing you can fix on it? We did my friends one on Monday, was R300 for the bearing (but a 50km trip to town!), with the tool its a 5 minute job once the crank arms are off...