[Event] BreedeMTB and TipTrans Trail Run

BreedeMTB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The route or the other riders?

I know you secretly love ebikes and you are biding your time to get one.

I know you secretly love ebikes and you are biding your time to get one.

IF my bio gives me the all clear I will come test the waters with the Blue Beast ... ????

Not sure if I should be more scared of the e.haters or the bio ... ????????

Let me put it this way - I ride a hardtail cause I think dualies are for sissies.

Given the example your dad sets, you should have many more miles in your legs ????

If i catch him on the ebike I may just be too ashamed to try and pass him.

Oom Paul still does the worst 30km event of the season, and beat 5 young riders last year .... and then he was 69 years young ...

This is a lekker one, right in my backyard. If I can manage my work schedule accordingly I'll see you guy's there.

would love to this event again to show how poor i am on a mtb etc...sadly i will be away...but a great event...30kms is enough....

LOL  :P  Oom Paul is turning 70 in December and I doubt he will switch to a ebike or dualie any time soon.

He still doing OK on his old 1x9 setup (30t x 11t - 40t).

post-38519-0-84506500-1583909020_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-03200200-1583909034_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-59362100-1583909046_thumb.jpg

Oom Paul at the 2019 Fine Breede

post-110956-0-45509200-1583949721_thumb.jpg

My ride buddy was super slow on the downhills, so while I was waiting for him Oom Paul passed us.  Turns out he beat 5 much younger riders to the finish line.  :thumbup:

E-bikes allowed? Asking for a friend.  :ph34r:

"my friend" also wants to know ....  :whistling:

Think if we our friends start at the BACK, dont behave like chops, and dont collect strava segments .... then maybe they wont confiscate "our friend's" batteries .....

"my friend" also wants to know ....  :whistling:

Think if we our friends start at the BACK, dont behave like chops, and dont collect strava segments .... then maybe they wont confiscate "our friend's" batteries .....

Won't deny - recently got an e-bike, and loving every minute of it! Just not sure how these events are dealing with this emerging category. Either way, hope the potjiekos competition is still on!!

Won't deny - recently got an e-bike, and loving every minute of it! Just not sure how these events are dealing with this emerging category. Either way, hope the potjiekos competition is still on!!

At the Stanford Classic they welcomed e-bikes.  And it worked very well.

The Boland rides are all about fundraising and having a good time ... HOPING they will welcome our ebikes.

EDIT - I dropped them an email, asking if ebikes are welcome.

Edited by ChrisF