[Event] BreedeMTB and TipTrans Trail Run

BreedeMTB

Event Name: BreedeMTB and TipTrans Trail Run
When: 4 April 2020
Where: Breërivier Primary School, Western Cape
Category: MTB

It is time for 15th Fine Breede MTB. This event caters for the whole family and we strive to make the day as fun as possible: offering Food Stalls, Potjiekos with Music and a Cash Bar.

Our quirky prize for the winners of the 60km MTB is their weight in wine! The route, unless used by the Cape Epic, is only open once a year and takes participants over rugged mountains, through green vineyards and crossing rivers.

The 30km MTB is known as the toughest on the PPA calendar in its category, so novice riders should rather stick to the 18km. A 5km fun ride is available for young, enthusiastic and future riders.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha... this event is tough, i might unclip and walk behind you on the rocky climbs. However I dont walk downhill, only uphill....

Entered. Fully intend being seeded ahead of gemmerbal, unclipping on the first ascent and dawdling down the singletrack in front of him.

Can't wait!

its a lekker race, i'll see you at the start line, then at the finish line, depending on how long you are willing to wait.

I see I did it in 2017 and commented on Strava that it was super tough, technical and proper MTB. Called it agony and ecstacy.

• 3 weeks later...

I should enter this to force some saddle time as this is not something you do unprepared. Its the only way I am going to start prioritizing some kind of training.

Is there a 30 or a 40km though? I've only ever done the 55/50km ?

There is a 30km from what I recall. Last time I rode it I was in the 60km but just recovered from a nasty cold so I downgraded to the 30km. 

I did see one or two last year, yes. I don’t care much for their presence, either way. The only issue i experienced was on the tech descent where i got stuck behind someone with a man-powered bike far exceeding the rider’s skillset. I passed on the right when it was safe to do so ????

Ebike friendly ?????

Enjoyed 2018

LOVED 2019 !! ????

Hope my rehab is done in time .... even if I can only do the 18km ....

Such a nice event