Am I being a snowflake?

Wayne Potgieter

Hi - So an interesting post came past my Facebook feed. I found it to be quite narrow minded and almost offensive.

This got me questioning as to whether my reaction was justified or whether I am just behaving like a snowflake?  :thumbup:

Here is the post...

THE NEXT SURVIVOR SERIES
6 married men will be dropped on an island
with 1 car and 2 kids each for 6 weeks. Each kid will play 2 sports and take either Spanish or dance classes.

There is no fast food. Each man must take care of his 2 kids; keep his assigned house clean, correct all homework, complete science projects, cook, do laundry, Walk the dogs
and pay a list of 'pretend' bills with not enough money all while working at least 1 full time job. In addition, each man will have to budget enough money for groceries each week.

Each man must remember the birthdays of all their friends and relatives, and send cards out on time--no emailing. Each man must also take each child to a doctor's appointment,
a dentist appointment and a haircut appointment.

He must make one unscheduled and inconvenient visit per child to the Emergency Room. He must also make cookies or cupcakes for a school function. Each man will be responsible for decorating his own assigned house, planting flowers outside, and keeping it presentable at all times.

The men will only have access to television when the kids are asleep and all chores are done. The men must shave their legs, wear makeup daily, adorn themselves with jewelry, wear uncomfortable yet stylish shoes, keep fingernails polished, and eyebrows groomed During one of the six weeks, the men will have to endure severe abdominal cramps, backaches, headaches, have extreme, unexplained mood swings but never once complain or slow down from other duties. They must attend weekly school meetings, arrange play dates and find time at least once to spend the afternoon at the park or a similar setting. They will need to read a book to the kids each night and in the morning, feed them, dress them, brush their teeth and comb their hair and clean up after them
by 7:30 am. A test will be given at the end of the six weeks, and each father will be required to know all of the following information:
each child's birthday, height, weight, shoe size, clothes size, doctor's name, the child's weight at birth,  length, time of birth, and length of labor, each child's favorite color,
middle name, favorite snack,  favorite song, favorite drink, favorite toy, biggest fear,
and what they want to be when they grow up.

The kids vote them off the island based on performance.

The last man wins only if... he still has enough energy to be intimate with his spouse at a moment's notice. If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over and over
again for the next 18-25 years, eventually earning the right to be called Mother!

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but if this post was reversed and a man was stereotyping a woman for being utterly useless at being a responsible parent, I am pretty sure there would be a hashtag movement.

But maybe I am wrong....

Hi - So an interesting post came past my Facebook feed. I found it to be quite narrow minded and almost offensive.

This got me questioning as to whether my reaction was justified or whether I am just behaving like a snowflake? [emoji106]

Here is the post...

THE NEXT SURVIVOR SERIES

6 married men will be dropped on an island with 1 car and 2 kids each for 6 weeks. Each kid will play 2 sports and take either Spanish or dance classes.

There is no fast food. Each man must take care of his 2 kids; keep his assigned house clean, correct all homework, complete science projects, cook, do laundry, Walk the dogs

and pay a list of 'pretend' bills with not enough money all while working at least 1 full time job. In addition, each man will have to budget enough money for groceries each week.

Each man must remember the birthdays of all their friends and relatives, and send cards out on time--no emailing. Each man must also take each child to a doctor's appointment,

He must make one unscheduled and inconvenient visit per child to the Emergency Room. He must also make cookies or cupcakes for a school function. Each man will be responsible for decorating his own assigned house, planting flowers outside, and keeping it presentable at all times.

The men will only have access to television when the kids are asleep and all chores are done. The men must shave their legs, wear makeup daily, adorn themselves with jewelry, wear uncomfortable yet stylish shoes, keep fingernails polished, and eyebrows groomed During one of the six weeks, the men will have to endure severe abdominal cramps, backaches, headaches, have extreme, unexplained mood swings but never once complain or slow down from other duties. They must attend weekly school meetings, arrange play dates and find time at least once to spend the afternoon at the park or a similar setting. They will need to read a book to the kids each night and in the morning, feed them, dress them, brush their teeth and comb their hair and clean up after them

by 7:30 am. A test will be given at the end of the six weeks, and each father will be required to know all of the following information:

each child's birthday, height, weight, shoe size, clothes size, doctor's name, the child's weight at birth, length, time of birth, and length of labor, each child's favorite color,

middle name, favorite snack, favorite song, favorite drink, favorite toy, biggest fear,

The last man wins only if... he still has enough energy to be intimate with his spouse at a moment's notice. If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over and over

again for the next 18-25 years, eventually earning the right to be called Mother!

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but if this post was reversed and a man was stereotyping a woman for being utterly useless at being a responsible parent, I am pretty sure there would be a hashtag movement.

But maybe I am wrong....

Take 1 kid with who is 18 and his his driver's license..he can do the running around with the other kid...they can also do their own cleaning up and dress themselves...if your kids are capable enough to play sport, they are capable enough to do a lot more [emoji6]

It's just one of those roll your eyes posts and scroll past.

I just call BS on those pretentious types..who think that they are the only parent in the house.

Those kind of post are just annoying..and those type of people who post them get unfriended and blocked..

We could even nitpick that post apart..

Edited by Gen

Here is the post...

THE NEXT SURVIVOR SERIES

6 married men will be dropped on an island with 1 car and 2 kids each for 6 weeks.

*It's an island..who needs a car..

Each kid will play 2 sports and take either Spanish or dance classes.

* make it a challenge man add extra maths

There is no fast food.

* again it' an Island..fish, eat coconuts and Bananas..pick em right off a tree.

Each man must take care of his 2 kids; keep his assigned house clean,

* kids can clean up after themselves

correct all homework,

* it's called assisting your child not correcting their work..kid won't lean jack like that.

complete science projects,

* now what would a child learn if you did their work for them.

Cook,

* again fishing Bananas, coconuts

do laundry,

* the washing machine does that..seriously you push a button

Walk the dogs

* how did the dogs get on the island..could you bring your own..isn't walking a dog a fun activity for kids to learn responsibility?

and pay a list of 'pretend' bills with not enough money all while working at least 1 full time job.

* what kind of jobs are available on an island..are we fishing for a living are we picking coconuts..bananas maybe[emoji2368]

In addition, each man will have to budget enough money for groceries each week.

* again..island - fish, coconuts and bananas .we have already decided that we are living off the land

Each man must remember the birthdays of all their friends and relatives, and send cards out on time--no emailing.

* who even does this..and does the island have postal service that will send these cards via airmail..because 6 weeks isn't that long

.how many birthday will there be in that time frame.

Each man must also take each child to a doctor's appointment,

* Island.. the dr is probably also the dentist and the barber...one stop shop.. plus again Island..do we need a haircut for a 6 weeks island stay?

He must make one unscheduled and inconvenient visit per child to the Emergency Room.

* wouldn't say taking your kid to the ER is inconvenient..

He must also make cookies or cupcakes for a school function.

* who really does this in any case...Bananas arranged around a coconut will do just fine

Each man will be responsible for decorating his own assigned house, planting flowers outside, and keeping it presentable at all times.

* why would anyone make home improvements to a property they do not own..it's a 6 week stay FFS.... again an island why would one be indoors if you could be on the beach.. none of the other dads and kids are.gping to visit they'll meet at the beach for lekker bonding time ..cause well.. island and all that... no need for all those frills and fuss

The men will only have access to television when the kids are asleep and all chores are done.

* again ISLAND wtf who wants to watch TV when you live on an island?

The men must shave their legs, wear makeup daily, adorn themselves with jewelry, wear uncomfortable yet stylish shoes, keep fingernails polished, and eyebrows groomed

* again ISLAND getaway.. does anyone really need that much fuss for 6 weeks?

During one of the six weeks, the men will have to endure severe abdominal cramps, backaches, headaches, have extreme, unexplained mood swings but never once complain or slow down from other duties.

* having your period is really not THAT bad..stop lying and get over yourself..[emoji2356]

They must attend weekly school meetings,

* no school has weekly meetings stop speaking nonsense

arrange play dates and find time at least once to spend the afternoon at the park or a similar setting.

* again ISLAND isn't the beach the local hangout every single day.

They will need to read a book to the kids

* the kids are in school can they not read?

each night and in the morning, feed them, dress them, brush their teeth and comb their hair and clean up after them

by 7:30 am.

* kids play sport go to school, they can do all of that themselves.

A test will be given at the end of the six weeks, and each father will be required to know all of the following information:

each child's birthday, height, weight, shoe size, clothes size, doctor's name, the child's weight at birth, length, time of birth, and length of labor, each child's favorite color,

middle name, favorite snack, favorite song, favorite drink, favorite toy, biggest fear,

* [emoji849] pretty crap mom that..she doesn't even know if the kids have allergies..

* kids aren't voting anyone off they are too busy having a jol on an island

The last man wins only if... he still has enough energy to be intimate with his spouse at a moment's notice. If the last man does win, he can play the game over and over and over.

* having kid's isn't a game it a responsibility if you moan as much as this one who thought up this stupid post..I pity their family.

* oh the intimacy part.. they have no partner on the island remember..are they supposed to be unfaithful

Fixed it for them[emoji6]

I am obviously a very bad mom

Edited by Gen

honestly - i think you are being a snowflake. yes its a streotype. probably a very accurate one for 60% of the men out there that have kids (not including the the ashholes who abandon their kids)

if tou are not one of thoes guys - good for you. nobody is saying you are. but they are out there.

And finally this post is not saying all man are like that. it is just saying there are some. peronally i think its funny. 

Maybe you need a bit more beef in your diet....  :ph34r: 

honestly - i think you are being a snowflake. yes its a streotype. probably a very accurate one for 60% of the men out there that have kids (not including the the ashholes who abandon their kids)

if tou are not one of thoes guys - good for you. nobody is saying you are. but they are out there.

And finally this post is not saying all man are like that. it is just saying there are some. peronally i think its funny. 

Maybe you need a bit more beef in your diet....  :ph34r: 

But I think thats what he is getting at.

That depicts a stereo type, as men we mostly see the funny in it and move on, the feminists on the other hand would cause a $#!T storm if teh shoe was on the other foot.

But I think thats what he is getting at.

That depicts a stereo type, as men we mostly see the funny in it and move on, the feminists on the other hand would cause a $#!T storm if teh shoe was on the other foot.

bit its nothing to get offended over - unless you are a snowflake...

Just take it from where it comes.

Seeing as we're generalising, Karen is probably just angry at her life choices, not investing in an education and career for herself and instead relied on a man to take care of. Ironically she let a low life *** in side of her and now she's an angry single mom venting on social media pretending to be mom of the year. 

Edited by stefmeister

white males, especially middle aged ones, are legitimate targets for stereotyping. No other population group is allowed to be. It's the way of the world. smile and wave...

Fixed it for them[emoji6]

I am obviously a very bad mom

I must agree. You are depriving your kids of a life of moaning and complaining of unfairness.

They will end up as young adults that are well adjusted, innovative, hard working, independent, have respect for others and love their parents  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

WP

Big mistake, you shoulda stopped reading when you saw this “THE NEXT SURVIVOR SERIES”

Next thing you going tell us you follow LOVE ISLAND as well

????‍♂️