RockShox launches stiffest SID yet with 120mm travel

News bot

At R20k it is out of my league. I wouldn't mind the extra 20mm of travel. I have the 2018 SID WC on my Stage. Small bump compliance sucks but it is stiff and doesnt mind jumps and drops. I was initially worried about the carbon steerer but it has been solid.

They would never give the new SID with carbon crown such a long name ... all that printing required on the sticker would push the fork into "enduro" fork weights!

especially at only 1326gr....

BTW service interval for the Rae Day Damper.........

200hrs!!!!  :eek:  :clap:

especially at only 1326gr....

BTW service interval for the Rae Day Damper.........

200hrs!!!!  :eek:  :clap:

Flipping coooolll ... don't even ride my bikes that long before selling them :P

Flipping coooolll ... don't even ride my bikes that long before selling them :P

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Perfect so you an sell them "As New"

#imwatchingyou

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:

Perfect so you an sell them "As New"

#imwatchingyou

"Better than New" ... I have taken the opportunity to "Break in" the pivots and all bearings / suspension for your benefit!

Consider this an upgraded service and hence the higher asking price.

At R20k it is out of my league. I wouldn't mind the extra 20mm of travel. I have the 2018 SID WC on my Stage. Small bump compliance sucks but it is stiff and doesnt mind jumps and drops. I was initially worried about the carbon steerer but it has been solid.

Buy this frame and the R20k fork will be ''cheap''.

https://www.cwcycles.co.za/product/scott-rc-world-cup-n1no-ltd-edition?fbclid=IwAR3poWP65g2tto8gWvz59QoqnOA2ZjTViVxXCw3zmQaLbltqWnC003apAtc

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2020 at 7:29 AM, MrJacques said:

Nice. Most of the older SIDs were way too flexy. I wonder if the Reba will get the same treatment.

They have been saying that for at least 20 years, maybe now finally they solved the problem…. Well until the next model launch

17 hours ago, guidodg said:

anyone know who sells the Rockshox Sid fender?

51j12-wLOSL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Your local suspension guy will have more this week...

Ok so on my brand new Epic Evo the Sid Select+ pumped to 65psi the sag remains at 10-12% even with no weight on the bike...so basically it lost 12mm of travel...

I let out the pressure, repumped it and cycled it up and down a few times...still the same story...

So I tried pulling up on the arch and extending it fully to 120mm and heard a small sucking sound....the negative chamber obviously equalized and now its back to full 120mm travel and really plush...very happy.

I can't believe this is not mentioned anywhere in Rockshox literature...