CWC Lockdown SALE!

CWC Online

The fact that you drove to all those different locations is irresponsible.

If you think by not touching anything you are safe then you are highly mistaken. Also, no mask is going to prevent you from contracting the virus.

I hope that you get undressed and remove your shoes before entering your home.

Stay at home.

you stay at home if you feel like it - who made you the "stay at home police" getting tired of this k#$

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree wholeheartedly.

So many of these rules and regulations make little to no sense, but the punishment for breaking them is severe.

It doesn't help that people are fast losing patience. With pretty much everything. I know my attitude changed over the weekend as something inside me just broke.

I am annoyed by everyone sharing opinion pieces by Doctor whatstheirname that align with their agendas. I'm sick of the blaming and finger pointing, of the DA being idiots and people 'agreeing', the general situation sucks and the numbers are now starting to spiral.

I now read gazetted things that immediately influence how I can live and what I can do. The rest is all just toilet spray. 

I wondered how long it would take before the Coom Baahjaaa stopped playing...

At some point in time people have to accept that after week 3 we were sold a poorly thought lemon. 

I've spent a lot of time navigating to a space were I ask myself how make this situation work for me rather than work against it.

I've been here before. The mid 1980's the country was in turmoil, people were fighting for their right to be treated as equal citizens.

Some with no skin in the game were shouting, writing and just generally complaining about the unruly masses being ungrateful.

Only once people realised that perhaps the situation is unjust and it needs changing and the majority aligned with that and DID  SOMETHING ABOUT IT did real change start to come about.

Our situation no isn't too different to the mid 1980s (late 1984 through to 1986); the arming patrolling the streets, shooting at citizens, arresting children, all in the name of "this is in your best interests.

The best interest of South Africans is having the resources available to pay for the care they will need.

A good government does not send its tax base into poverty and then expect that tax base to pay for the care of the poor. But somehow in South Africa we allow it because standing up to unjust laws is jut too hard.

So now how do we assist people to get around these dumb ass rules and get back to producing responsibly so that the poor actually do have a hope in hell??

you stay at home if you feel like it - who made you the "stay at home police" getting tired of this k#$

Move to Somalia. No rules and laws to interfere with your superiority there. 

my only train of thought here is they have now realised that with the exchange rate so far out they stand to make more money refunding me and then reselling the item at a new higher rate.

Well that would be very unethical, especially considering their advertising was : order now, because with the rand going down, it's going to be more expensive tomorrow.

I'll be optimistic here, and trust that what they sold they had in stock, stock that was paid for, and that they did the sale on items they had in store only to get some cash in. They've always been fair to me so far, so until proven otherwise I'm still confident I'll get my stuff when they legally can ship it.

I don't see how refunding you today will help as they need the cash now to pay their rent and expenses and they don't know how the rand is going to be in three weeks time. (Last week it was 20,5R/1€ and now 19.9...

Edited by Jbr

Just received SMS's informing me my two orders are completed and ready for collection at CWC - a workshop stand and garmin mount.

wait for it. a large portion of my orders is now being refunded. near R5k

i confirmed directly over the phone with CWC and cyclelab prior to ordering and they confirmed they had stock.

these were items i specifically requested on their lockdown sale.

I am speechless 

my only train of thought here is they have now realised that with the exchange rate so far out they stand to make more money refunding me and then reselling the item at a new higher rate.

I wonder what the T&C's say - can I enforce my deal if it comes to this - as in I don't want a refund I want my kickr core

I bought it in good faith - I was told to make an offer, I did and it was accepted and on that basis I assumed there was stock

Otherwise it's just a ponzi scheme isn't it?

So I see that all my orders from CWC have moved from processing to incomplete. WTF does this indicate?

Any one else noticing the same?

So instead of speculating, I got in touch with CWC and asked. "Incomplete" means that there's an item in the order which prevents shipping of the entire order, due to regulatory limitations. I have a pair of bib shorts, for example, which isn't allowed to ship. The rest of my order is fine to ship, however, but seems like it won't until everything can go.

So instead of speculating, I got in touch with CWC and asked. "Incomplete" means that there's an item in the order which prevents shipping of the entire order, due to regulatory limitations. I have a pair of bib shorts, for example, which isn't allowed to ship. The rest of my order is fine to ship, however, but seems like it won't until everything can go.

Maybe in your case, not in mine, incomplete means it's not in stock right now

Mines been updated to 20 May

Maybe in your case, not in mine, incomplete means it's not in stock right now

Mines been updated to 20 May

Just saying what Chris Jnr said :) 

wait for it. a large portion of my orders is now being refunded. near R5k

i confirmed directly over the phone with CWC and cyclelab prior to ordering and they confirmed they had stock.

these were items i specifically requested on their lockdown sale.

I am speechless

Sounding a little messy.!

I should probably be grateful that none of the stores I've tried to contact over the last 3 weeks have come back to me.

If you are saying that incomplete orders are due to no stock on hand, then WTF did they offer these products in the first place. 

Just think there are a lot of very disgruntled and grumpy customers out there, me included.

I ordered two bikes online last Monday, paid them, got a refund on a pump that was broken and received my bikes yesterday.  All in one week.

And that was not from Cycle Lab or CWC.