R9,500 for a saddle!

wolf1969

Still better value than a MoBu.

But we don’t know what a Mobu costs yet so probably not fair to comment until the cost is fact like the price of this saddle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't spend that because I have found the perfect saddle and couldn't afford that price

But 18 months ago I probably would have spent that in an effort to get comfortable and I would have paid R59 a ride for comfort (156 rides last year)

In the current financial climate I'd rather just have a sore @rse

Bottom line, and I have said it before. Once you find your saddle DO NOT CHANGE IT!!

All this of newer lighter, better what what means nought. 

If your ass likes a 10.00 ZAR saddle so be it. I cannot eve begin to fathom what I spent till I found the ass match. 

Yes if I have been off the bike for a while it takes time to get back into it and I think this is what the saddle sales are based on. But once I have gotten over the 1st one to two weeks it is a dream to ride.

What is worse is this saddle is not even a weight weenie unit.

I bet we will be seeing a couple of these saddles on S-works bikes at Sani and W2W.

The riders will be looking like they walked into the concept store saying: "I have no clue, but here is my credit card, swipe it and give me everything that I need for this mountain biking thing."

Hogging poofs and not wearing masks

Well, that is ugly and overpriced. But then again, almost everything with that stupid "s" on it is.

I have to disagree with you there Bob, but i did take note of the “almost” you mentioned in your post though????

post-4329-0-37945400-1591460499_thumb.jpeg

I loved the specialized romin saddle for a long time. Still do.

Then I demoed a bike and was sold on the bontrager aeolus. Also real comfort there.

Both work for me.

Comes down to personal preference

Hogging poofs and not wearing masks

Of topic: if we still need to be wearing masks, then a stage race sounds like a less than fantastic idea.

I shudder at the idea of a highly contagious droplet spread virus combined with the impeccable hygiene usually present in race villages.

Corporate Bob doesn't always have enough money left after his concept store visits to upgrade his accommodation and has to slum it in camp.

Edited by PhilipV

I can’t see any of those stage races (or any races) starting back up soon.

The demographic that would most likely buy these saddles might start opting for “game reserve fence patrolling” rides though. We love to hate “the dentists” of the world but they do little harm to the majority of us. It’s just a pity they don’t really buy bikes we would like to buy secondhand a few years later.

Of topic: if we still need to be wearing masks, then a stage race sounds like a less than fantastic idea.

I shudder at the idea of a highly contagious droplet spread virus combined with the impeccable hygiene usually present in race villages.

Corporate Bob doesn't always have enough money left after his concept store visits to upgrade his accommodation and has to slum it in camp.

this is a properly weird thread and completely out of nowhere.  lockdown loco!

anyone else got love for the Spaz Phenom saddle?  at about ZAR 1,400 its a veritable Mr Price alternative to this 9 grand madness

this is a properly weird thread and completely out of nowhere.  lockdown loco!

anyone else got love for the Spaz Phenom saddle?  at about ZAR 1,400 its a veritable Mr Price alternative to this 9 grand madness

I got one for zero SA Rondt from a friend ... the cover was torn .... a glass of wine, some free time while the braai fire was going and I reupholstered the saddle in some scrap leather, put her on the commuter and done at least around 20,000 km on her .... still perfect and exceptionally comfortable.

Personally I love slating Spaz Fever, but their contact point items, shoes and helmets are really good products.

9,5K for a 3D printed saddle is really a bit of a laugh though.

I like the Arione saddles on road bikes, people seem to give them away as some dont like them.

Great saddle, nice and firm too.

Tried it on my MTB a few years back, the only reason I never kept it was due to the point at the rear catching on my shorts when hanging off the back of the bike on tech section.

Had a Tundra that was also really awesome, nice and firm, could spend hours in this saddle .... seems many people though could not gel with it.

Personally I love slating Spaz Fever, but their contact point items, shoes and helmets are really good products.

9,5K for a 3D printed saddle is really a bit of a laugh though.

Totally agree. I have a Henge on every bike. The one is looking worse for wear, and I will recover it sometime. A drop of wet lube occasionally sorts out the rail squeak. But my diff likes it, so I'm as happy as a pig in Palestine with it.

And while I won't spend obscene amounts on a saddle, I'm glad that Spez and other companies keep pushing the envelope in R&D, as that tech eventually trickles down.

I like the Arione saddles on road bikes, people seem to give them away as some dont like them.

+1

New bike came with a Giant saddle, tried getting bu butt used to it, but eventually put the old Arione off the old bike on, straight away it was like sitting on your favorite spot on the couch.

I can’t see any of those stage races (or any races) starting back up soon.

The demographic that would most likely buy these saddles might start opting for “game reserve fence patrolling” rides though. We love to hate “the dentists” of the world but they do little harm to the majority of us. It’s just a pity they don’t really buy bikes we would like to buy secondhand a few years later.

Dentists have done me plenty harm. In fact I believe that dentists and physios are the same people who were torturers during the inquisition, only now they have a degree.

“Dentists” are another story