Cycling bib vs shorts?

hahahaha 

Bibs! Shorts!... No, your opinion is wrong!

I have both. I use both. I like both. It comes down to the fit, the chamois and how well it stays in place. I have some terrible bibs and some terrible shorts too.

But I am also a fan of cut off jeans and a pair of onnies...

Yup, I've got two of each, my bibs are more High end and my shorts cheap stuff, I use the shorts for short IDT sessions and easy MTB rides (mostly summer enduro rides) and bibs for all long rides especially in winter to avoid the cold in the back. No issues of chamois moving, just that the chamois on my shorts are not good quality so perfect for 1hour ride every day and frequent washes and my good stuff for weekend rides ;)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to say shorts, but I might be feeling left out here.

Don't feel alone, shorts definitely better for me. Please try to go to the toilet just before a race, having to get totally undressed; i.e. take your top and vest off in the process!

Never mind doing this somewhere during a ride when the urge is stronger that your ability to keep it in, just ask Tom Dumoulin!!!

With shorts its easy, just undo the drawstring and whip it out or drop them.

I prefer shorts .Just difficult to find good ones 

The is a small place in Centurion called vanH that make leisure clothes in small quantities, as well as custom cycling gear. Their shorts are brilliant!

Only shorts I have are my Enduro ones with all the crash padding.

Other than that I only wear bibs. Got some shorts when I first started cycling again towards the end of 2016, got my first pair of bibs about a year later after a mate insisted that they would be life-changing. And they were, I've not gone back since.

I'm a little on the fat side at the moment so the extra flab tends to push shorts down to the point of making me likely to be arrested on the spruit. 

Climbed back in the bib and all the worries are gone. 

A pair of MTB shorts without their inner lets you get maximum mileage out of bibs! 

Edited by Mojoman