Vye Cycling

Chris_

4 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

So it finally happened. Just short of 4 years of near daily use and the dreaded see through crack has appeared.

Discovered as I was hanging them on the line on sunday. 

Luckily I've been doing most of my riding in the dark the last few months, my apologies to anyone that has been scarred by my indecent exposure.

The chamois, whilst still intact, was looking a feeling a little compressed, the silicone dots on the legs came off right in the beginning, but I never had a problem with the legs turning up or moving. Over all they were a great pair of bibs.

I'll have to create a bibs savings pot to build up some funds and get the new Mirage 2 at some stage, for now the cheapo Wattz bibs will have to do duty.

what is the accepted etiquette/protocol on this? 

I would be mortified if I was flashing a full-moon brown eye to all poor and unsuspecting motorists and cyclist coming up behind me and god knows, I have observed a few myself. 

The problem is you generally really don't really know until your bib is transparent when you put it on, and by then you have been broadcasting your A-hole far and wide.  We need some kind of accepted code or phrase to alert other riders with minimal embarrassment and humiliation

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, PygaSchmyga said:

I would be mortified if I was flashing a full-moon brown eye to all poor and unsuspecting motorists and cyclist coming up behind me and god knows, I have observed a few myself. 

The problem is you generally really don't really know until your bib is transparent when you put it on, and by then you have been broadcasting your A-hole far and wide.  We need some kind of accepted code or phrase to alert other riders with minimal embarrassment and humiliation

I dont know.

This was just a small area at the back, right after where the chamois ends, I did not do the analysis to work out what was exposed.

Only noticed it because its the first time I've personally hung the bibs up in sunlight, normally they get washed in the shower and hung over the shower door rail to dry.

1 hour ago, PygaSchmyga said:

Far less embarrassing to be told once, even loudly, than ride around for months with a window.

It's one of the duties of your riding group, right up there with pointing out (other) road hazards.

Or you can just do what @Zebra did at Eroica last year.... ride casually past a mate and mention very politely that he could see what he had for breakfast through the back of his shorts 😄