Vye Cycling

Chris_

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First ride done in the Vye kit. It was a round the pointer. So about 80km and 1000m of climbing in a properly strong South Easter.

This is going to sound odd but the wind somehow has a huge impact on arse comfort for me. I think coz it's harder to get into a rhythm and your flat riding into a solid SE is effectively a 2-3% climb.

Anyway I can't fault the kit. I bought a Large which is a bit tighter than I'm used to seeing as I'm a bit of a fatass. The comfort from the bib given the conditions was great. My other half said my ass looks good in the kit so big plus points there.

They get even better after a few washes. Stretches a bit and shammy get more comfy. Value for money.Love mine.

First ride done in the Vye kit. It was a round the pointer. So about 80km and 1000m of climbing in a properly strong South Easter.

This is going to sound odd but the wind somehow has a huge impact on arse comfort for me. I think coz it's harder to get into a rhythm and your flat riding into a solid SE is effectively a 2-3% climb.

Anyway I can't fault the kit. I bought a Large which is a bit tighter than I'm used to seeing as I'm a bit of a fatass. The comfort from the bib given the conditions was great. My other half said my ass looks good in the kit so big plus points there.

They get even better after a few washes. Stretches a bit and shammy get more comfy. Value for money.Love mine.

Going to have to second this.

Used mine for my commute yesterday and as I reached home last night I was thinking that it was actually rather comfy.

I'll have to give them a go on a longer ride again.

They ARE a very good looking bib

The most comfortable bibs will always feel a little snug with maybe  a slightly too firm pad.

After the first few washes the lyrca and pad will soften up and the bib will have stretched to its final form. This is where you will achieve maximum comfort.

Any bib that is super comfy straight way will be a baggy shorts within 6months

Did a few 80/100+ kms gravel rides and 1 x 2 day gravel packing ride with mine and the only get better.

Going to have to second this.

Used mine for my commute yesterday and as I reached home last night I was thinking that it was actually rather comfy.

I'll have to give them a go on a longer ride again.

The most comfortable bibs will always feel a little snug with maybe  a slightly too firm pad.

After the first few washes the lyrca and pad will soften up and the bib will have stretched to its final form. This is where you will achieve maximum comfort.

Any bib that is super comfy straight way will be a baggy shorts within 6months

Super happy. These are my new go to.

Done a few 4/5 hour gravel rides with the bibs and they very comfortable. Takes a few rides to wear in properly. Would recommend to first try the different sizes before ordering. On their size chart i'm between a medium or large but a XL fits perfect. Think they removed the size chart on their web site to sort out the problem? Would highly recommend the bibs. 

Anyone done any MTB rides over 6 hours with their Vye kit? 

Looking at custom kit for the epic and these are well priced.

Any and all feedback appreciated. 

Yes.. I have ridden these bibs on quite a number of Expedition Races where we would spend 24 to 30 hours in the saddle on some occasions. 

They work great. 

2018 Epic.

Spent day 1 in a custom Vye Mirage Quad Bib - happy arse

Spent day 2 and 3 in Cuore Custom bib, - saddle sore..

Spent days 4,5 6 and 7 in Vye Mirage Quad bib - managed saddle sore to the point of it not being a problem.

I'll ride another Epic in Vye Bibs if I get the opportunity again

Done a few 4/5 hour gravel rides with the bibs and they very comfortable. Takes a few rides to wear in properly. Would recommend to first try the different sizes before ordering. On their size chart i'm between a medium or large but a XL fits perfect. Think they removed the size chart on their web site to sort out the problem? Would highly recommend the bibs. 

Yes.. I have ridden these bibs on quite a number of Expedition Races where we would spend 24 to 30 hours in the saddle on some occasions. 

They work great. 

2018 Epic.

Spent day 1 in a custom Vye Mirage Quad Bib - happy arse

Spent day 2 and 3 in Cuore Custom bib, - saddle sore..

Spent days 4,5 6 and 7 in Vye Mirage Quad bib - managed saddle sore to the point of it not being a problem.

I'll ride another Epic in Vye Bibs if I get the opportunity again

Thanks for much guys for the feedback.

Going to purchase a single bib pair to test but i don't see it being an issue using this kit based on this feedback. 

:thumbup:

Anyone got some sizing experience please?

I'm 182cm, 82kg and think I am between a M & L. For reference, I ride with XL Enjoy bibs.

Anyone got some sizing experience please?

I'm 182cm, 82kg and think I am between a M & L. For reference, I ride with XL Enjoy bibs.

From reading through this you probably need a XL.